Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about RXP ECU

Hey dudes, If you buy a brand new ECU, the RXP ECU for use in the GTX SC, does it need to be hooked up to the VCK/BUDS for any additional programming? Also is the RXP ECU a direct fit and plug-in? Where is the best place to purchase and at what price can you expect to pay for one? I saw one at the Riva online parts site for a little over $400.00... Thanks...PR...

+1
    I put my RXP ECU in my friends 04 GTX SC and it was direct plug and play.

$400 sounds extremely reasonable. Jump on it!

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    hmm...Jerry didn't you say he had to use your key? I could be wrong but doesn't the key have to match up with the ECU?

+1
    Yea, you have to use the same key that was mated to the ECU.

Your dealer can program your key to work though.

oops, there is another thing I have to remember, does a new dess key come with a new ECU, can I buy a new ecu, and then have my 2 dess keys programmed in it? The $406.00 price tag was from Riva`s online stock parts internet thingy...PR...

I have lots to learn: thanks for the help all...

+1
    All the prices on Rivas online OEM part site are retail list price. Get me the part number and I will save you a bundle.

Richard

you would have to hook it to BUDS and reset the TPS. other than that plug and play.

Richard, dude! I was just checking out your web site, cool! I have to do some more research and decide which way I`m going to go. I want to put this next mod together just right so I have no failures, so far so good, but hey your on the water and you never know! LOL, Jerry suggested going to the RXP ECU before installing a Vortech imp and the intercooler, either way haven`t learned yet if: doing RXT shaft, RXP wear ring and the Solas 14/19, OR just going with the Solas 13/20R in the GTX pump. I`m still reading and comparing these post/threads. so far the RXP ECU alone will raise the rev limit, but my goal right now is to keep off the rev limiter (7650) with the re-pitched PPG stock prop that I`m using now. Currently I`m going about 63/64 mph, don`t really know how much the mph will increase with either mods mentioned. Let me do some home work and then I`ll be talking to ya, thanks...PR...

If you are looking at the electronic module it is basicily the fuse box. The ECU (electronic control unit ) is what you want it is 655.47. Look in the air intake section for it .

Boy do I feel dopey! I thought that big box with all the plugs/wiring was the ECU, my bad... I`ll look at that again...Thanks...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information