Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

FZR/FZS differences and reliability

Hey guys. If you see my signature I'm the owner of two seadoos. My 2011 RXTX has been nothing but problems. I'm debating on trading both of my skis in on something new. The FZR stood out to me and and looks like an outstanding ski. I noticed the FZS is the same but has a bigger seat. Is that the only difference?

Next question is how is reliability? My seadoo has had issues with the braking system, garbage bracket designs, the supercharger, and now probably rings. I've seen a few threads regarding the superchargers going bad. Does this apply to new models?

Also should I be looking at any of the other models? My friends has a 2013 RXTX and I would like mine to be similar in performance. I've given up on performance mods at this point and just want a reliability ski that I don't have to worry about breaking every seconds. I just would like a relatively quick and reliable ski.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Hey guys. If you see my signature I'm the owner of two seadoos. My 2011 RXTX has been nothing but problems. I'm debating on trading both of my skis in on something new. The FZR stood out to me and and looks like an outstanding ski. I noticed the FZS is the same but has a bigger seat. Is that the only difference?

Next question is how is reliability? My seadoo has had issues with the braking system, garbage bracket designs, the supercharger, and now probably rings. I've seen a few threads regarding the superchargers going bad. Does this apply to new models?

Also should I be looking at any of the other models? My friends has a 2013 RXTX and I would like mine to be similar in performance. I've given up on performance mods at this point and just want a reliability ski that I don't have to worry about breaking every seconds. I just would like a relatively quick and reliable ski.

Thanks for the help!

i havent bought a ski yet and am waiting till aug 12 to see whats new coming out. but from reading on here VERY in depth i was full tilt going to buy a seadoo till i came here. im leaning towards yammi now due to reliability. also someone just posted a 200hr fzs stating he had 0 problems, theres a thread somewhere on it.

+1
    you will see way less problems with yamaha skis, i'm fairly confident that the only problem with the SHO motor is the clutch, and that should be solved with the 2013 model, or upgrade, yamaha has something coming out for 2014 that should put them over the edge in the performance department, with way less electronics on the yamaha, you wont see the electrical problems you see with a sea doo. my 2011 VXS has 130 HARD hours with no problems what so ever, i've never even towed it by the dealer since i've had it. good luck !!!!!!

4. +1 by:

Rex

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    you will see way less problems with yamaha skis, i'm fairly confident that the only problem with the SHO motor is the clutch, and that should be solved with the 2013 model, or upgrade, yamaha has something coming out for 2014 that should put them over the edge in the performance department, with way less electronics on the yamaha, you wont see the electrical problems you see with a sea doo. my 2011 VXS has 130 HARD hours with no problems what so ever, i've never even towed it by the dealer since i've had it. good luck !!!!!!
    Hey big john. Thanks for the info. I stopped by the dealer today and they had no FZR or FZS's in the showroom to even look out. Said they were out of the FZS for the rest of the season. I hear good things about the 2014 models.

6. +1 by:

I own a 2013 FZS and it is awesome. You can't go wrong with it. I also have a 2004 GTX sea doo and it has so much more maint. then anything I have ever owned. You will get alot of people chiming in and letting you know the same thing I am saying. To answer your other question they are the same exact ski except the seat..

+1
    Same here. I was almost an owner of a 2012 RXPx, but intercooler issues ran me away. Grabbed an FZR and totally glad I did. I would wait for the new Yamaha release, but may find a great deal on a 12 or 13 FZ considering something new is coming.

+1
    FZS and FZR are the same ski save for a different seat and a tow cleat. Yamaha lists the fzs weighs 4 lbs more, I assume because of the previous. I went with an fzs for the versatility. I like to tow a tube from time to time. The ladies love it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

Thanks for the help!
    Rex, I considered the RXT-X back in 2010; I did a comparison to the FZR at that time, my review is still over on the Sea-Doo forum somewhere. I remember one of the things I didn't like was the complicated nature of the system which I felt might lead to mechanical issues. The other problem was Sea-Doo only backed their product for 4 years, while Yamaha gave me a full 5 years of extended warranty; so that should speak volumes about reliability. We now have over 400 combined hours on the FZ's, you can read more about that here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urs+perfection
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-22-2013 at 09:03 AM.

11. +1 by:

Rex

+1
    Wait for 2014 models! You would not like to switch from s3 hull in to fzs/r ! I've had both and I wouldn't trade s3 for fz Yama !!

+1
    Thanks guys. I went and looked at some FZS/Rs and really like them. I tried trading in my two Seadoos and both dealers didnt even want the Seadoos. I guess that says something for Seadoo huh? Ill probably wait till the new models come out to see if I can get a good deal on a '12 or '13.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information