1200gp -98 intake grate

Hey there! Im a new owner of a Yamaha Waverunner 1200GP -98. Itīs works great really.

Im up to do some uppgrades, all is stock. Have been looking on a R&D Aquavein Top Loader Intake Grate.

Is it worth the money? Does i have better hook up and top speed?

Thanks

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

The R&D is an excellent grate for rough water riding. It helps to keep your pump loaded as compared to the stock grate so that you do not cavitate as much. That being said, your speed will increase in rough water. The only way you can tell this is when you are racing with someone before and after the grate. It is a must for racing.

In smooth water, some have claimed a small speed increase and others claim a small decrease. All in all, it is a good modification, but it is not considered a "speed" mod.

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The R&D is an excellent grate for rough water riding. It helps to keep your pump loaded as compared to the stock grate so that you do not cavitate as much. That being said, your speed will increase in rough water. The only way you can tell this is when you are racing with someone before and after the grate. It is a must for racing.

In smooth water, some have claimed a small speed increase and others claim a small decrease. All in all, it is a good modification, but it is not considered a "speed" mod.

Thanks for the reply! What have you done, Get the intake or get an R&D Pro Ride plate?

+1
    Yup the R&D intake is perfect and I'm not sure if you can find an older RIVA rideplate or an old Bullet rideplate, but they are the best for speed/handling. And the OEM rideplate will work fine until you can find one of the forementioned plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Yup the R&D intake is perfect and I'm not sure if you can find an older RIVA rideplate or an old Bullet rideplate, but they are the best for speed/handling. And the OEM rideplate will work fine until you can find one of the forementioned plates.
    Okej thats sounds nice I will buye the intake first, and then look for a ride plate!

Will buye this one: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=360697934460

Have been reading that you can add some washers at the back on the OE Ride plate to get some more handling?

??

+1
    Have been reading that you can add some washers at the back on the OE Ride plate to get some more handling?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there is no 1 point to the adjustment that satisfies all people in all riding conditions. This is something that you must do on your own to get the best ride for your set up, riding conditions, weight, riding ability, etc.

Okey i Will try How to remove the intake? Only bolt or is it sealed whit some silicone?
    When I put my new one on do I have to do anything else? Seal whit silicone or anything?

+1
    I never put any on, but it would not hurt you if you did. When you reinstall the bolts some would use lock tite blue, but I would recommend anti seize.... especially if you ride salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    I never put any on, but it would not hurt you if you did. When you reinstall the bolts some would use lock tite blue, but I would recommend anti seize.... especially if you ride salt water.
    ah okej! Will fix that! There is nothing to seal betwen intake grate and the hull or the pump? No pump seal kit needed for -98 Gp1200?

Thread Information