Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up Victoria BC, Aug 17th, 2013

Hey folks. I am planning a ride from Everett or Marysville to Victoria BC and back. Going to be almost 200 miles roundtrip. (180 and change). Gas stops in Pt Townsend (36 mi), Pt Angeles (30 mi), and Victoria (24 mi). Leave by 9:30. Arrive around 12:30-1 pm for lunch in Canada. The marinas don't have high octane. Fog would be reason to not make crossing. This should be fairly easy to do, other than getting beat by the Sound for several hours. Let me know what you think and if you would like to join. The Cap'n

+1
    There seems to be a decent bit of interest. Got 4 from pwctoday thinking about joining. Come on folks. Time to get out of the local waters and do something new!!

The Cap'n

+1
    A little over a week left until the Great Adventure!!! Hope everyone has been having a great season, so far.

The Cap'n

+1
    Getting excited, ran for two hours of gas out of sled to ensure water out of tank, refueled & ready to go!
    Cap'n, you gonna be chair person & let us know what we should bring or is it a group effort?
    I'm thinking easy stuff, like wearing a wetsuit? Bring passport? Dry bag w/clothes to change, etc.... Oh, hitting two spots on way up, pt Townsend & port Angeles, but on way home, through deception pass? Maybe hit laconner? Anyway, just asking...lol. Btw, enjoyed the fun posts on FB, big mistake...lol thx!

+1
    I'm curious if anyone making this trip is interested in submitting the GPS trail to my website: http://pwctrailfinder.com/ I've had a difficult time getting anything going from the west coast. I apologize for the thread jack/interruption. Best of luck to all going - sounds like a great trip.

+1
    I was pretty much planning on fend for yourselves. If you got questions about equipment, let me know. Was planning on returning the same way as departing. Easier to find way back if boat issues arise. I will probably be wearing a helmet with goggles to keep spray off. Maybe a wetsuit, maybe not. Probably just rain gear over my riding clothes. PASSPORT!!! All required equipment!!! Sunscreen, camera, dock lines (probably mooring all together in one slip), VHF Marine radio if you got one, GPS if you got that too, water, snacks, lunch in BC. Will be at Marysville launch at 9am for a 9:30 departure. Gator - I would love to give you a GPS trail of the trip, but I don't have one. Yet. When I do, I can get you plenty of routes from the area. Any more questions, let me know.

The Cap'n

+1
    "Gator - I would love to give you a GPS trail of the trip, but I don't have one. Yet. When I do, I can get you plenty of routes from the area. Any more questions, let me know."

Cap'n - post-ride is just fine. Tracks (along w/pix &/or vids) is what I seek. If you've seen the site, you know what I'm looking for. Thanks for the offer; I do look forward to hearing from you. All submission can be sent to: [email protected]

Again - Thanks and have a great trip!

+1
    Looking forward to Victoria trip, should be epic! Will be @ marysville launch @ 9:00 a.m. Woohoo!
    Btw, how many sleds making trip? Did you ever get solid count?

+1
    Sounds like you and I. Fine by me. Good recon for next year. Another to put on the schedule.

The Cap'n

+1
    E P I C...does not describe this trip today, er excuse me, day/night! Left marysville @ 9:30 am & got back @ 10:30 pm. Hit port townsend, then port angeles, then jaunt across the straight to Victoria for lunch. Back the way we came & left port Townsend @ 8:40 pm. H U G E thanks to The Cap'n for leading us back...& then try getting to marysville boat launch in the dark! Unbelievable! Got home,30 mins ago...think the Cap'n is still @ boat launch cleaning ride...NW Freeride, EPIC!!!!!!
    More details,will follow....lots of pix,,too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information