Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New guy introduction

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is David, I live in Forney Tx and own a 96 ZXi1100. I bought the ski 11yrs ago but it was stolen from me in Jan of 03. I got a call from a Game Warden in East TX last month and to my amazement, they found my ski, in tact, on my trailer! Some guy was trying to sell it with no paper work and the potential buyer ran the HIN. There are a few small issues that I have been working on and I have learned a lot from you already and I hope to be of some help to others as well.

David

+1
    Wow Congrads

+1
    Hot to know what condition it is in

+1
    It looks and runs like the day it was stolen from me, minus the faded seat/mirrors and the paint is starting to lift in the foot well area. I don't think they rode it very much from the looks of everything. I had to replace the key switch because they cut it off to hot wire it, a battery because it was dead (and my original by the way), and the engine was full of oil from sitting for years. I bet it blew a qt of oil out the exhaust when I fired it up in my driveway. What a mess! Now if someone could just come up with a good cheap fix for the fuel gauge senders on these things I would be set.

+1
    Where was it stolen from. Did you have insurance? What happened to the person that was trying to sell it?

+1
    It was stolen out of my back yard that had alley access in Mesquite. No insurance and had just paid it off a few weeks before. Paid $4500 in weekly installments to my boss at the time. It looked brand new and ran even better. The guy in Longview that had it says he bought it off Cragslist. He had 25 skis in his yard and the game warden was a little overwhelmed trying to figure out where they all came from. He had two other stolen skis and a 4 wheeler missing the VIN tag, so his fun has just begun.

Hey David welcome to the group I'm pretty new as well to this stuff but learning as I go... I also have a 1996 900 ZXi and I also have a gas gauge that doesn't work... I found a super easy way to fix it with a 15 cent whine cork and a little tlc and it was working. I did a video of it so I'm posting it up on youtube as soon as its done i'll let you know... I dont know if this will last forever but really easy to do and cheap... It all comes down to the floats on the sending unit they are so old that they just won't float anymore... So a whine cork will float and I used the plastic type so I'm thinking it should last.... 2 days so far and still showing a full tank

+1
    I have heard of the cork idea, but the wooden ones get saturated, plastic may work. Mine wasn't working 10yrs ago and it still hasn't fixed its self.

+1
    Welcome aboard, David!

What luck! I wish I could get back some stuff stolen from me years ago...

As old as the 'Ski is, better consider replacing the oil lines.

Also, they had a recall on that model to put a nose bowl-looking plate on the front to keep it from flipping over at high speed. Check to make sure it's been done or it could hurt you!

+1
    FYI recalls never expire and will always be done at no cost. I just had two recalls done on a pair of 2000 kaw stx di 1100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information