Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Solas / Riva / R&D different impeller advice Seadoo RXT-X 2011

Hi everybody,

All new on the forum as from today.

Already read a lot and and found some useful threads (Thread: Guide for tuning and modifying 255/260 HP iControl skis - by Green Hulk)

Also a lot of threads and information about impellers, i understand you've to find one specific for your situation but maybe somebody here on Greenhulk can shine a little more light!!

I have a stock RXT-X 2011. Planned 'mods': Solas impeller, SS wearring and the Riva SCOM or R&D Boost box (any advice which of the two??).

After surfing the magic internet and greenhulk i come up with the following impellers;

www.solas.com/newweb/pwcproduct/news/default.asp : Stock SRZ-CD-15/21A Limited SRZ-CD-15/21A Modified SRZ-CD-16/21A

www.rivayamaha.com/pwc_pkgs/rs_rpm_rxtx260_1_11.asp : Riva Stage 1 SRZ-CD-15/20R

www.rd-performance.com/performanceKits/seadoo/260-rxt-x/performer.asp : R&D R&D Pro Pitch Impeller 14/21 or 14/22

So which one should be the best or maybe i have to stay with the OEM impeller ??

In the future i'm not planning to spinning up the revs, i'm a salt water rider and often in the open sea with choppy water.

Thanks, Erik

+1
    Read some more.... Forget about the riva scom and the r&d boost box and just get a vtech reflashed ecu
    15/21 solas works well for me

Welcome to the forum

+1
    I will keep reading !!

Thanks for the advice, i was also considering a reflash but PWC's are not so widespread here as in the US or Australia. But we'll keep it in mind !!

+1
    Erik welcome to the Hulk!

If you are going to keep your ski near stock here are my suggestions:
    1. Install 1-2 bilge pumps
    2. 4"air intake - Fizzle or Riva
    3. R&D or Worx grate for the ocean
    4. Solas SRZ 15/21A
    5. Forget the SCOM and R&D boost box. They only defeat the GPS speed limiter, but leave the torque and most importantly 8040 rpm limits in place, making them damn near worthless.

What i have suggested for you will save your ass (bilge pumps) and give you much improved throttle response and acceleration. You will hit the stock 8040 rpm limit QUICKER.

Until you are ready to upgrade your stock ECU with a re-flash, or more advanced Motec ECU stick with these suggestions.

Keep reading and searching, especially the "how To" section. There is a lot of good knowledge and smart people to help!

+1
    Hi JT,

Thanks for the suggestions, i hadn't even thought about the grate (i saw also a SS one from Riva, maybe an alternative for salt water?).

Our season runs to the end of September so for now i will order the impeller, ss wearring and a OEM SC rebuild kit.

Bilgepumps, grate and air intake is a nice project for the wintertime (need some more research, i say reading green hulk ).

As i have to order such parts from the US i can't hop on to a store or dealer when something is wrong.

I see at your specs that you still running the stock IC? I saw some pretty screwed up stories here about leaking IC and (salt) water in the engine!! Even with stock Seadoo's.

Greets

Think of the impeller as like gearing. Stock 8040 rpm limit if your running 7800 rpm you are over geared and not reaching full rpm. If your running and keep bounceing (surging) at upper rev limit you are under geared. When you mod your ski and increase top engine RPM to say 8400 you change the pitch of the impeller to match the top rpm and top output of your modded motor. If your geared correctly when you pin it rpm should reach top rpm and them after reaching top speed (MPH) should back off a little bit to show you have the correct impeller matched to your ski.
    There is more to it but thats the basics.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    Hi JT,

Thanks for the suggestions, i hadn't even thought about the grate (i saw also a SS one from Riva, maybe an alternative for salt water?).

Our season runs to the end of September so for now i will order the impeller, ss wearring and a OEM SC rebuild kit.

Bilgepumps, grate and air intake is a nice project for the wintertime (need some more research, i say reading green hulk ).

As i have to order such parts from the US i can't hop on to a store or dealer when something is wrong.

I see at your specs that you still running the stock IC? I saw some pretty screwed up stories here about leaking IC and (salt) water in the engine!! Even with stock Seadoo's.

Greets
    My external IC and yours are totally different! In 2011 the geniuses at BRP decided to use cheap ass IC's that were also smaller that previous years. The 2010 and earlier external IC's are very similar to the Riva Gen3 in size and performance.

The 2011-2012 IC's have been VERY problematic and can leak water into the fuel/air charge, which is NOT good. You need to check yours immediately while on your trailer with a hose running. Pull off the hose from the IC to the TB and look for any water, if any water shows up get a Riva Gen3 or a Fizzle HE IC. Do not replace with another OEM IC model.

+1
    Hmmmm ok, i will keep an eye on my IC during flushing !!

Sad that they modified in a worse way !!

+1
    Received last week already the impeller, ss wearring and some spareparts from http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

Only 8 days to cross the ocean to Europe !!!

I will keep this post updated regarding my experience with the Solas impeller.

But first i will enjoy the last few days of summer here with my RXT

+1
    for that ski, the 15/21R or A will be great....

I agree, don't go the SCOM. Vtech reflash with low rpm increase, like 8350.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information