How difficult is alot of this work?

I am new to this website so I will apologize now for any problems I might ask. How difficult is alot of this work that these guys perform? I turned wrenches for Oldsmobile and GMC for 10 years. That was 8 years ago and not sure how difficult some of these mods are. I still have all my tools but note sure if this going to cause me problems. I want reliability along with alot speed. Any suggestions. By the way I just bought a 05 RXP and have put 11 hours in 2 weekends of riding in Minnesota( not snowing yet). Thank you in advance.

I would suggest starting off with the Riva Stage 1 or 2 kit!

Welcome aboard!

Re: How difficult is alot of this work?

Quote Originally Posted by ski-guy1
    I am new to this website so I will apologize now for any problems I might ask. How difficult is alot of this work that these guys perform? I turned wrenches for Oldsmobile and GMC for 10 years. That was 8 years ago and not sure how difficult some of these mods are. I still have all my tools but note sure if this going to cause me problems. I want reliability along with alot speed. Any suggestions. By the way I just bought a 05 RXP and have put 11 hours in 2 weekends of riding in Minnesota( not snowing yet). Thank you in advance.
    It sounds like you will do just fine with doo'ing your own mods because of your background. Only bad thing is that once you get started, it will be impossible to stop. First thing before you start is to purchase a Shop Manual for your model. I like your sig, keep that in mind while getting into the modding...

+1
    You will find it easy to work on your RXP once you get started.

it is very easy to work on until you strip one of those POS muther fuckin ass wipe torx head bolts.........yeah I'm a little bitter

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Yeah Lurker i agree i get scared when one of those things is tight. Ski guy just to let you know there are going to be some seadoo specialty tools involved with some of your work. Richard ( Way2fast) sells tools and parts at ridiculously low prices. Check out his web site www.hpmarineltd.com and look in "specials". If you don't see it on there and you need it, call him because he can probably get it. Welcome to the forum and good luck, you'll find priceless amounts of advice and help here.

+1
    Ski guy, before I bought my RXP, I needed instructions and a hunting dog to find the engine. Since then, I have done most of the mods everyone else has done and I have pulled the engine and replaced it. Point is, with your background, it will be a piece of cake.

Thread Information