07-19-2013, 02:30 PM #1
Found some usefull info for beginners on how to Select Impellers
Just was doing some reading up and came across this for newbies
How to Select Impellers
- Impeller selection used to be based on levels of engine modification. While sheer power remains a guide, other parameters have been found to be equally important. Take into account how and where the craft will be used as well as its physical characteristics.
- 1. The more horsepower a watercraft has, the higher the impeller's pitch angle can be.
- 2. If rpm tend to run too high, a higher pitch angle is recommended.
- 3. Higher pitch angles are recommended for use in cold climates.
- 4. Higher pitch angles are recommended for top-speed performance but will lower acceleration.
- 5. Lower pitch angles are recommended for heavier boats.
- 6. Lower pitch angles are recommended for higher altitudes.
- 7. Lower pitch angles are recommended for towing.
- 8. Lower pitch angles are recommended for acceleration performance, but will lower top end.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By fullboogie in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)Replies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
By wakeboardfusion in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 22Last Post: 04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
By Darthraider in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 6Last Post: 06-20-2007, 06:11 AM
By MPower in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2006, 09:00 PM
By Chezzy in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-2006, 09:13 PM