Pump is friggen STUCK

Trying to pull a pump on a 2012 VX1100. Pulled the four bolts that hold the steering nozzle. Tried using the lil notches on both sides to pry the pump apart but it wouldn't budge. I then attached a rope to a tree and tried the "ratchet" technique and the ratcheting strap snapped. I then tied a rope to the pump and drove the truck and trailer forward very slowly, rope snapped. whats the deal guys, is there a bolt i'm missing. Do i need to pull the cone and back out the inmpeller from the drive shaft? I have the service manual and I think i'm following it precisely.

+1
    remove the four 14mm and one 10mm bolts and pull the wear ring with it, then separate it in the bench, reinstall after you get it cleaned up, my was very hard to pull the first time

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    remove the four 14mm and one 10mm bolts and pull the wear ring with it, then separate it in the bench, reinstall after you get it cleaned up, my was very hard to pull the first time
    I have pulled the 4 14 mm long bolts holding the pump and the 4 14mm bolts holding the wear ring. I did not see any 10mm bolts. I have removed all the rubber sound suppression, reverse, and sterring linkage. I have also dropped the ride plate and pulled the intake grate but the pump and wear ring are friggen stuck on there.

After inspecting again the 10mm was removed, I have removed every bolt I can find. This sucks

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    It is always hard to get off. Remove the rideplate to give you access from below. Use a pry bar like one used for pulled nails, place a 2x4 piece of wood against the hull and use this to pry against with the 90 degree portion contacting the pump. Do this for each side and go back and forth.

+1
    Yamaha uses silicone to seal these pumps. When I pulled the pump on my ol VX it was a beotch. Just pry easy and steady at the pry points.

Thread Information