Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cracked fuel tank - What to do?

I have a 99 SLTX with a cracked fuel tank, has anyone found a reliable way to repair these? It is cracked right and the oil tank mount.

Also the throttle trigger one the tip is broke off and the other just snapped off with a slight miss of the hand bump. Are there better ones out there to replace these with?

Banned User
    +1
    Just replace the tank. They can be found cheap. Aluminum finger throttles are the way to go. Contact John Zigler on here.

Cool I'll contact John, also I don't see any tanks on ebay. Do you know of any for sale? I sure do need to do something just purchased these 2 skies and replaced all the fuel line and went thru carbs and cleaned them up, Put everything together filled them up 1 leaked about 2 gallons of gas out before I got home then the other one while I was running the starter to get the system primed to crank I went to grab the throttle and a finger hit it and snapped the leaver off.

Thanks for the info!

Google search revealed nothing for fuel tanks

Banned User
    +1
    I am sure someone here has one. Try John Zigler for that too. He has tons of good quality used parts.

+1
    http://parts.polarisind.com/OtherAss...partid=5432646 heres a list of what ski you can get a tan from there tons of them out there

Awesome 785 lugs! Thanks! How did you find that - what website & feature to get results like that?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I've seen this crack before. Beware that the different fuel tanks have different oil tank retention brackets. ( an improvement attempt..the location of the bracket also changed. )

fuel tanks are frustrating to change. Find the other thread where this was discussed

tanks are easy to find, but expensive to ship due to size ( you get charged on dimensional weight. quite pricey. Also they have to not have any gasoline odor at all or ups will bounce the package. It's restricted.

They need a serious wash with soapy water and then a quart or two of rubbing alcohol and then stick a half a roll of dryer sheets in there for a day or two..that effectively eliminates the fuel odor.

Nothing can fix that crack short of an experienced plastic welder and that tank design is weak, as this is a common ( at least for me) place to see Polaris fuel tank fails.

+1
    here is another guy I found with tons of Polaris pwc parts or knows where to get them if he don't have it already sitting there

http://www.swamotorsportwarehouse.com/ http://usedjetskiworld.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RAD View Post
    Google search revealed nothing for fuel tanks
    Where are you located?? I have one that may work.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information