1996 Seadoo GTX wont crank!!

Hey, I took the 1996 Seadoo Gtx out on the lake a couple weeks ago, it ran good. Got her home flushed the motor and yes the hose was shut off prior to turning the motor off. Today I tried to fire it up but got nothing but clicks out of her. Tried to jump the solenoid and it still just clicks. Removed the jet pump and tried turning the motor over by hand and cannot get her to spin, whats up with this turd? Thanks Greg

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by svt killer View Post
    Hey, I took the 1996 Seadoo Gtx out on the lake a couple weeks ago, it ran good. Got her home flushed the motor and yes the hose was shut off prior to turning the motor off. Today I tried to fire it up but got nothing but clicks out of her. Tried to jump the solenoid and it still just clicks. Removed the jet pump and tried turning the motor over by hand and cannot get her to spin, whats up with this turd? Thanks Greg
    Pull the plugs and try to turn it over by hand and have the battery tested. You need 12.5V no less to crank. Open the gray box and the black box and check fuses. That's where I would start. Could be that the bendix is stuck or your starter is junk...process of elimination my friend. Good luck

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    assume that he engine I hydro locked. use great care when spinning the engine with the plugs removed. make SURE the plug leads are grounded into the special posts provided. It's a huge fire risk if when you turn the engine lots of raw gas comes flying out. expect it will be oil however..quite messy.

a bad rotary valve seal can flood the crankcases with oil.

bad needles and seats can allow fuel to leak past and flood the motor ( common in summertime and if the tank high pressure valve is stuck AND you've not shut the fuel tap)

Took the starter out and was able to turn it by hand. put an oem starter in the ski and no she cranks. Thanks guys. Also what should the fuel screws be setto on this ski? Shes been running rich as hell

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by svt killer View Post
    Took the starter out and was able to turn it by hand. put an oem starter in the ski and no she cranks. Thanks guys. Also what should the fuel screws be setto on this ski? Shes been running rich as hell
    There is a sticky at the top of the two stroke section that has what your looking for..."2 stroke info"

SPX/XP/GTX - Low Speed – 1 +/- 1/4
    Hi speed - 0

In reference to how many screws out you make

Thread Information