Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RXP Milky Oil

RXP Milky Oil

Hello Everyone, this is my first post on here. I have a quick question. I bought 2 RXP 215's from 2 different people. One ski came from CT and it was a little beat up but being that it was my first one I owned I figured it would be OK. I tore it down replaced the spark plugs, oil and filter. The second ski came from a guy out on long island. He was very particular about it and it was in pristine condition with no issues whatsoever. Well we took both skis out today. I figured I would have issues with the more beat up one but it ran like a champ. The other one however was sluggish, cutting out and not performing well. I pulled them both out of the water. When I got home I checked the oil of the one that wasn't working right and the oil was milky. From reading the forum I figured it had condensation in it. So I sucked it out and flushed it 2 times, cranking it over in between. It is still milky but it seems to be getting lighter so I'm hoping a few more times will fix the issue.

My question is...
    When the guy turned the ski on to show me that it was working properly, he had an issue with the hose and the hose was running into the ski for about 30 seconds before he turned it on. Could that have caused this issue or do I have another problem? I read that some people said it could be the cooler as well but I'm hoping not. Also how many times should I have to flush the oil before it clears up?? Its getting expensive.....

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks Guys!!

Banned User
    +1
    Always start ski first then turn on water. Yes water could have got into motor

use cheap oil while flushing
    ​you need to get that ski on the water and run it

+1
    Likely the intercooler leaking.

+1
    Sounds like the intercooler is leaking and that's why you have water in the oil. Since the oil is just a little milky it should not have hurt the performance like you are talking about.

+1
    Once you change the oil then take it to the water and let it run for 20-30 min. Milky oil will evaporate out.
    You can leave it on the trailer and let it run in the water.
    Dont run it on the hose for more than 1-2 min.
    Tick tock.
    Time is not on your side and this needs to be done to evaporate all the water out.
    The performance issue is probably your ic and that's probably how your oil got milky.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Once you change the oil then take it to the water and let it run for 20-30 min. Milky oil will evaporate out.
    You can leave it on the trailer and let it run in the water.
    Dont run it on the hose for more than 1-2 min.
    Tick tock.
    Time is not on your side and this needs to be done to evaporate all the water out.
    The performance issue is probably your ic and that's probably how your oil got milky.

It was bogging down and it stalled a few times today. I changed the oil 3 times today and its still a little milky. Ill get it out on the water tomorrow morning and run it. Hopefully it evaporates off. If the issue is the inter cooler leaking, where is it and what should I be looking for?

+1
    Wow.
    I just thought about it.
    If it is your ic then its going to keep putting water in your oil.
    On the 06 you have the ic that under the intake.
    You need to either replace it or run an external ic.
    You can look up a shop manual online.
    Your going to need it.

Sweet just what I wanted..... I told the guy I didnt want a project too....

Im gonna go and take a look now.

So I found a pic of the intercooler on line. And from what it looks like it looks like it sits. In the motor being held in by a metal clamp. If I go through the effort to get this thing out, what should I be looking for? I am only familiar with car intercoolers that use air so this is new for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!mIE65Bq5pi6BP!nSJu6Fw~~60_12.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	307501

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information