Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

300x died with 10 hours!!!!!!!

Just installed the SCOM and was running it for alteast an hour jumping waves, racing , great time etc, and the engine cut off ....... tried to start and nothing, gauges light up , battery worked and now iam in the middle of the f$%$n ocean and really HOT now!!! luckily i wasnt solo so we towed to the beach and had heard the clicking upon pressing start, all the SCOM connections were snug so used a screw driver to touch the two bolts on the starter solenoid while pressing start and it fired up, rode to the dock , then it wants to start when i flushed it,but i cant RELY on the ski anymore until i adress this so please help me diagnose this, mechanic said its prolly starter solenoid, cant believe on a 10 hr ski i have to sweat this.................HELP

+1
    Do you mean you were riding and it died on you or it was stop and was unable to start it, if it died on you it's not only a solenoid problem, the solenoid had nothing to do with the engine dying.

Banned User
    +1
    Your battery connections are loose. Pull the battery cover and tighten the bolts.

+1
    yep as tommy said all the ones of seen if not checked and tightened during pd come loose.

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Do you mean you were riding and it died on you or it was stop and was unable to start it, if it died on you it's not only a solenoid problem, the solenoid had nothing to do with the engine dying.
    nah it just cut off i was riding and cut off i thought the lanyard came out or something, only way i could get it was to put the screwdriver on the solenoid thing and hit the start button simoultaneoulsly so im gonna tighten the batterry down and that should have it..????

+1
    start by the battery wire but it's strange that you could start it on the solenoid cause you need good connection at the battery to do so

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    nah it just cut off i was riding and cut off i thought the lanyard came out or something, only way i could get it was to put the screwdriver on the solenoid thing and hit the start button simoultaneoulsly so im gonna tighten the batterry down and that should have it..????

+1
    you tightened the solenoid connections didnt you? thats what normally works loose!!!

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    This happened to mine. Moisture got in behind the nuts on the solenoid. Just remove them and clean them up. A little emery paper does the trick.

This happens because the battery compartment is "almost" sealed. Any water that gets in there stays in there. Spray all the connections, and when you store it pop the battery cover off and make sure it's all dry in there.

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    Dont the 300's have the removable rubber bung in the bottom of the storage space.
    I take it out after every wash so water runs into the hull. Then it drys throughout the hole ski.

+1
    yep they do but some guys fill the front with so much water its seeps into the battery compartment and doesnt drain out
    but thats not the problem, problem is solenoid terminals arent tight enough from factory.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information