Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A new member from Russia-thanks to all!!!

HI all members of this VERY VERY useful forum!!! My name is Alex. Sorry for my poor English.
    I live in Russia. Krasnodar city (near Black Sea).
    There is no technical information on Russian web sites on this very interesting topic about aqua sport tuning etc…
    A ‘am a user of Bombardier GSX ’97 from 2000 year and had a million not answered questions about my Toy.
    Now a have BRP RXT’05. It’s not new, but good condition (look like new, but over 250 hours
    I’ am waiting for a hot weather to ride my new powerful (stock) Toy
    All the topics on this forum are very interesting and very important for me. I’ve got a lot of useful information about 4-Tecs. I spent much time reading the articles there. Guys, thanks a lot!
    And don’t be angry with my sometimes stupid questions.

Welcome to the forum Alex. 250 hours on your RXP is awsome. That thing definately gets some ride time. To keep it running good just keep up with the normal maintenance like changing the oil, checking the plugs, inspecting/changing the wear ring, and most importantly, changing out the ceramic washers to metal ones from the supercharger.

Welcome lots of good info here you aint gonna find a better site than this one

Thanks for your answers.
    Now I’m thinking about metal clutches.
    The most interesting thing is that the previous owner used ONLY SINTH ORIGINAL OIL!!!
    But ceramic clutches are as new!!! In my opinion it had to be damaged many hours ago, but it like new!!! Where is the truth??? What oil to use?

I'am sorry. I'am speaking aboute ceramic washers and not clutch. Wich of them to choose??? Metal or ceramic???

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nikich View Post
    I'am sorry. I'am speaking aboute ceramic washers and not clutch. Wich of them to choose??? Metal or ceramic???
    You need metal washers. Swap them out as soon as possible. Hopefully the ceramics have never broken. Have you ever had the supercharger out to inspect them? Oh, I know you have an RXT, not an RXP, that was a typo before...

My washers are about 1,7 mm. I want to understand the reason of not braking it !!! May be friction modifier helped them? Other words, slipping was not like with mineral oil… (difficult to explain with my English )
    What do you think about it? (about washers. Not about my English

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nikich View Post
    My washers are about 1,7 mm. I want to understand the reason of not braking it !!! May be friction modifier helped them? Other words, slipping was not like with mineral oil… (difficult to explain with my English )
    What do you think about it? (about washers. Not about my English
    Friction modifiers will make the clutch slip prematurley Dont use synthetic unless your using a synthetic oil that is made for wet clutch systems and does not have friction modifiers. Use the brp mineral oil some people on the forum are using Amsoil 10w-40 and ow-40 which dont contain friction modifers. Just swap the ceramics out for metal ones and be done with it. Heres a good read on hoping up skis And another on the sc clutches

Modding http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

Clutches http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

Thank you. And what do you think i need to check else now not to be broken in summer? May be two Oil Seal and Bearing Angle on impeller? Or just change Jet Pump Bearing Grease in it?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the forum Dr Nikich!

if you want, you can remove the cone on the jet pump housing to inspect the grease in there. Our machines use grease instead of oil now. by simply removing that cone, you can look to see if water intruded into the grease. if it looks normal and not like a milky watery grey mess, then it's ok!

other than that, everything else should be good to go for the season, we jut very highly recommend you remove the ceramic clutch washers and install metal washers instead!!

you can order them through the online store here on this website as the owner ships parts to many people overseas with no problem.

welcome to the forum again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information