Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Key Blank ?

Key Blank ?

Just found out today the SLO key I got with my ultra LX does not work. Get the IGN Er. I bought it used so not sure why. So now I only have one orange fast key and am thinking I better get some extra's made. Learned on here blanks are $50 each

• at the dealer. I am wondering if anybody knows a place online to get them cheaper? I've done a search on ebay for them but nothing comes up. I have the link for the programming tool, just need the blank keys.

Banned User
    +1
    Should be like 30$ each. You can most likely program the key you halve it's just not programmed to the ski. Try that first

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Either the slo key is damaged or it was never authorized.

Once you have the key dongle, you can try to reauthorize it. make sure you get the correct one. There are more then one available depending on the year of the ski.

$50 is the about the cheapest you'll find a new key. No aftermarket on those.

get this done soon. ECU's are brutal pricey.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    you shouldnt need a tool to program it. do a search in the FAQ on here. there is a sequence you follow to program the keys.

+1
    you absolutely need the programmer attachment, you can only activate the key programming sequence on an in service ecu with it.

A NEW ecu can be programmed without the dongle for one slo and one fast mode key. that's it.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    you absolutely need the programmer attachment, you can only activate the key programming sequence on an in service ecu with it.

A NEW ecu can be programmed without the dongle for one slo and one fast mode key. that's it.
    i thought as long as you had one key that was programmed to the ecu you could get into the sequence via holding it in for a certain amount of time and listening for the beeps... didnt realize there is another piece that was needed....

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Either the slo key is damaged or it was never authorized.

Once you have the key dongle, you can try to reauthorize it. make sure you get the correct one. There are more then one available depending on the year of the ski.

$50 is the about the cheapest you'll find a new key. No aftermarket on those.

get this done soon. ECU's are brutal pricey.
    Where do you get the dongles? Is that the wire harness that plugs in near the battery?

+1
    I found the video on You Tube for the key programming after my Dealer wanted over $100 to program one Key, I bought my keys on eBay, then purchased the tool & adapter on partzilla.com. The Part numbers are listed below, and yes, you do need the adapter to fit your wiring harness, this is easy to do as I loose keys all the time (the dog hid them) this was worth the money!

57001-1582 JET SKI KEY TOOL *E (programming tool) Cost $25.16
    57001-1746 KDS KEY REG ADPTR*E (tool adapter for 300x) Cost $12.19

Quote Originally Posted by oldnick View Post
    I found the video on You Tube for the key programming after my Dealer wanted over $100 to program one Key, I bought my keys on eBay, then purchased the tool & adapter on partzilla.com. The Part numbers are listed below, and yes, you do need the adapter to fit your wiring harness, this is easy to do as I loose keys all the time (the dog hid them) this was worth the money!

57001-1582 JET SKI KEY TOOL *E (programming tool) Cost $25.16
    57001-1746 KDS KEY REG ADPTR*E (tool adapter for 300x) Cost $12.19
    Do you remember who you got the blanks off ebay from? I have searched all over ebay and can find nobody selling the blanks, or online for that matter.

Also yours is a 2012 right, as mine is. Just wondering if that programming harness fits all years or just our 2012's

10. +1 by:

+1
    there are at least two different part #'s for these dongles that I am aware of.

you can order key blanks here, which also supports this site:

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ke=kawasakipwc

I do two keys for $90 + blanks for my customers. I make a good effort to inform folks about the ecu beartrap they step in if they lose all working keys.

There is a way to reset the ecu to think it's brand new, but that appears to currently require both hacking and physical modification to the ecu, so the price is the same as a new replacement ecu (at least here in the US)

I would think that the folks at dfi are tinkering to find a cheaper way to do it, as there is a small but sizeable market for this service that will no doubt grow over the next 5 years.

in any event..the Captain's rule applies:

any working kaw ultra immobilizer key is worth it's weight in gold. Make sure to safeguard it at home with other valuables.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information