Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

first mods to vxr . not happy

I did a thru hull exhaust , modded the stock water box, ribbon delete and high flow intake. The ski pulls harder for sure but now I got the bounce that i have been reading about. My ski was smooth in stock trim. Now I cant go wot on perfectly smooth water without it bouncing. I hate it . This hull is crap. Trimming it down is just going to scrub any speed I gained. Should have left it alone. I don't even want to ride it.

do you have an intake grate ? and a prop ?

Every action, has an equal and opposite reaction....

Would you like some cheese to go with that wine? Haha, just kidding. The hull is not crap and you arent going to die if you trim it down, a mph or two (if it even does that) is hardly anything to worry about. What you did was all the inexpensive and free things to the ski, now you have to add a few more things in order for everything you did to come together. Many times you need more then what you initially thought to have everything working 100%. Just like the pieces to a puzzle. One mod leads to needing another. You might as well replace or re-pitch the impeller when you get a new ride plate or intake grate and also seal up the pump housing, new pump cone and also possibly shim the ride plate. Porposing is a common thing, and you arent the only one on here to have it, there are a lot of threads on how to fix it and correct the issue. Look them up, implement them and I almost guarantee youll be happy with the results. You have a just a few more mods left to do, and itll be an awesome ski running.

Dont just throw in the towel and tell the world your ski is shit, ya know, it has feelings too!!!

+1
    Gotta start shimming the ride plate I took stock shim out of mine and I think by adding washers to the front stopped the bounce and a r&d grate

Or, you can put it back to the way it was. The mods you did were not a ton of money. And I do agree with you. At stock speeds, which is already pretty darn good, the Ski is stable and rides true. JB

+1
    Getting it right the fist time takes all the fun out of it. By tweaking here tweaking there you learn what reactions does what. From that you can dial in your ski for what ever your needs. It just takes time and patients.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    do you have an intake grate ? and a prop ?
    No

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Or, you can put it back to the way it was. The mods you did were not a ton of money. And I do agree with you. At stock speeds, which is already pretty darn good, the Ski is stable and rides true. JB
    Can't go back. Holes are drilled in the hull and watetbox

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    Gotta start shimming the ride plate I took stock shim out of mine and I think by adding washers to the front stopped the bounce and a r&d grate
    I'll try the grate.

+1
    Pull the stock spacers on the stock ride plate
    Put two fender washers on the rear bolts
    Take deep breaths

Right now you are going faster than stock, that's why its bouncing. Once you get the trim right, it will actually increase speed even more. You won't be going backwards.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 07-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information