Thread: 09 FZS Fuel

09 FZS Fuel

Hi all,
    I just bought a 09 FZS that had 18 hours on it. I've put about 4 hours on it so far and seems that one tank of gas is good for about 2 hours, is this normal for everyone else is seeing?

Central Florida
    Depends on speed.
    You can't really judge fuel use by time without relating it to speed.

That's pretty bad unless you were pretty much full throttle 95% of the time.

I put alot of abuse and it last me 5+ hours. And that's not even killing the tank. I stay with 1 bar

This ski is a gas pig is you are on boost. I've gone through a tank in less than 2 hours doing full throttle runs up and down the river. If you cruise its much more reasonable.

if you want better gas milage stay out of boost,use the cruise control as often as possible and get a reflashed ecu.i use to go out with friends and be on empty while they still had 3/4 tank left with a reflashed ecu and wayy more horsepower.youd be amazed at the difference.

Sammamish Washington
    no cruise on a FZ

Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    the fuel capacity is rated on how much fuel it uses in one hour at WOT, a tank in two hours is about right if your playing around and running it hard half the time

Thanks everyone, and yes for the most part I was WOT for 90% of the time.

Hahaha, yeah, DEF going to hard on it. The non supercharged version of this ski is a lot better at being fuel efficient. That ski can ride over 100 miles on a tank of gas if driven right. Or it could go 10 miles at WOT and suck a tank dry. Also remember, that when the ski beeps for fuel, you still have quite a bit left over. Next time the ski beeps LOW FUEL, check to see how much you add. Fairly certain they have a 18.5 gallon tank. I pulled out of my rental the other day and Eleanor(SHO) beeped just as i pushed it off the dock for low fuel. I was very easy on the gas and spent a good 4-5 hours of spearfishing, drove out to the reef ran all around and still make it back with 4 gallons left int the ski. Its all how you drive it.

Thread Information