2002 virage I 800 di stutters

Hi. Iust joined this forum after buying a pair of virage I skis. One runs great and so does the other but only after 5 minutes of stalling and strugglling to run. Since I bought them I changed batteries new nkg plugs drained fuel and put in fresh gas. Put 4 hrs on them and one is doing this. After 5 minutes it powers up and runs like wild. No issues it can sit for hours and fire up no problem and run great. Let it sit a day and back to struggling sputtering and choking itself untill it warms up.. Been reading All of the forums about tcp's and emm's but none of the previous posters ever said what their problem ultimately was. The ski has 74 hrs on it. Any ideas?

+1
    Mine has a similar issue but usually takes 10-25 min to clear out. After that it runs great. Once it cools down it's back to the same thing. I figure there is some component that needs to really warm up before it's ready to work properly.

well i have a spare emm that the other owner was given by the repair shop he took them both to and had them fixed. The ski that runs with no issues had a new emm installed and i have the old one. I can still use the rough running ski and was thinking to have the old emm sent out to be repaired and switch it when it comes back. Would i need to then send the injectors with it? or take it to a shop to have them use the software to tune it to the repaired emm when i get it back?

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Yes, you would need to send the "Spare" EMM out for repair as well as the rough running EMM so the data can be transfered. They do not need the injectors.

BUT-

Before you do that, I would place the known good EMM and injectors in the poorly running ski and see if the problem clears up. If it does, then the EMM (or injector(s)) are your issue, if not, you need to focus on other things.

+1
    I wish I had a second emm that I could swap over to see if mine is bad. I'll end up just sending mine in to get it checked.

Thread Information