+1

03 Pump question

Ok I have a few questions about this pump. The pic of my drive shaft that shows a rubber parts that came off with it. Where does this go and what does it do? Is the front driveshaft bumper really plastic? Someone put this grease in the cone, but I also found milky water inside. I plan on replacing bearing and seal. I found this o ring in the hull any idea where it goes or what its from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump1.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	307614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump 2.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	307615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump 3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	307616  

+1
    Anyone?

+1
    The grease was likely put in by someone. The milky water means that water has gotten past the seal where the nose cone bolts to the stator. There are 2 bearings and 2 seals to be replaced. The drive shaft bumpers are rubber. They may seem brittle or almost plastic like. No idea on that o ring, maybe someone else has input....

+1
    Thanks!! I had dealer change out the 2 bearings, seal and they said an o ring was missing. I also replaced a missing o ring where shaft enters prop. I got it all back together and headed to lake to test. Still trying to see where that big O-RING goes.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsracin05 View Post
    Thanks!! I had dealer change out the 2 bearings, seal and they said an o ring was missing. I also replaced a missing o ring where shaft enters prop. I got it all back together and headed to lake to test. Still trying to see where that big O-RING goes.
    Big o-ring found in the hull; This a fuel injected Ficht 2-stroke engine, correct?

If yes, then the fuel injector brackets use a fat o-ring to hold down the fuel injector. When the injector bracket is unbolted and lifted up, the o-ring can fall out of the bracket dome.

Make sure all the injectors actually have these o-rings in place between the top of the injector and the bracket. These provide the correct clamping pressure for the injectors into the cylinder heads.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rsracin05 View Post
    Big o-ring found in the hull; This a fuel injected Ficht 2-stroke engine, correct?

If yes, then the fuel injector brackets use a fat o-ring to hold down the fuel injector. When the injector bracket is unbolted and lifted up, the o-ring can fall out of the bracket dome.

Make sure all the injectors actually have these o-rings in place between the top of the injector and the bracket. These provide the correct clamping pressure for the injectors into the cylinder heads.
    It is Injected and I will see if they are all there. Thanks so much for everyone's help (old and new posts) getting his machine up and running!!

Thread Information