Gremlin filled genesis

Hello all, I just bought a gremlin filled 99 genesis so it look's like I'll be buggin you guys a bunch. First off the ski would start but die then when I started my troubleshooting I hit the starter and "click" nothing Battery is good, good voltage on the dash, so I figured impeller / wear ring well nope I can turn the motor over by hand sparkplugs out of course so after a little banging around and pushed the button again and now the starter just spins @#$%! So I guess my first question is can you get to the bendix and starter with the eng in the ski? Is there any step by steps or better yet pic's. thanksJim P.S its injected
    Last edited by ramit; 07-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Well fixed the bendix and got it started but its running on the center cyl. only.
    well where do I start? it would not start with the tps unplugged.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The 1999 Genesis FFI (Ficht Fuel Injected) was not only the very first model year for the fuel injected engines, the Genesis was a new hull design introduced in 1999.

Known issues with the 1999 Genesis FFI include;
    • Original wiring harness develops bad electrical connections at splices and sometimes entire wires corrode. Inspect the wiring harness for signs of corrosion or bad connections, especially in the ground (black) wires.
    • The under water dual exhaust can cause excessive back pressure at around 3,000RPM, engine bucks and has trouble delivering smooth power. (also applies to the carburetor 1999 Genesis). Do not cruise in this RPM range. Either idle around or get into the power band and get the hull on plane.
    • Original black start solenoid with metal backing plate corrodes internally, can fail at any time, even in the crank mode. Replace with a new design solenoid, do not wait for it to fail completely.

See my signature links for other info.

Thanks for the reply K447 I'll check the wiring harness, after further wrenching on it I found that it's definitely fuel related it will run fairly ok if I force-feed the two outside cyl's hopefully I'll find something on the harness and that it's not in that dreaded emm!
    Thanks again
    Jim

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ramit View Post
    ... I found that it's definitely fuel related it will run fairly ok if I force-feed the two outside cyl's hopefully I'll find something on the harness and that it's not in that dreaded emm!
    Thanks again
    Jim
    Check fuel pressure. Should be a little over 20 PSI and stable.

Thread Information