Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New R & D Powershot controller

Has anyone tested/tried this yet? I'm in the market for my first one and want the best. thanks in advance for any input.

I bought one but havent tried it yet. Will be the 17th of march before i get everything back together. Will let you know what i think then. Ross

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I bought one but havent tried it yet. Will be the 17th of march before i get everything back together. Will let you know what i think then. Ross
    what are you trying it on??

06 gp13. will have everything except porting done to engine, with all pump and hull mods.. Should put me 76-78 mph.
    The controller comes preset for a stage one R&D combo, which includes their head, and their settings are derived from using 5 different gas analyzers according to them, so it should be close to perfect from the factory. I have 3 degree key going in so i am richening it a notch to start just to be safe, untill i can read some plug action.. Ross

cool

rossnemo,
    i am anxious to hear your results. I have an 05 (didn't like the colors of the 06)
    with the same setup.
    best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    06 gp13. will have everything except porting done to engine, with all pump and hull mods.. Should put me 76-78 mph.
    The controller comes preset for a stage one R&D combo, which includes their head, and their settings are derived from using 5 different gas analyzers according to them, so it should be close to perfect from the factory. I have 3 degree key going in so i am richening it a notch to start just to be safe, untill i can read some plug action.. Ross
    One thing to keep in mind. If its preset for the stage one which doesnt include the Keyway, race filter (or any other), Reeds or stuffers, any air mods,flame arrestors removed, or FF (if you have it). It will be preset way to lean for your application assuming you already did all those things.
    So you might want to richen it more than a notch to start with and work your way back.

Just my opinion, dont want you breaking anything.

will it provide more fuel than the current EFI controller?

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300 View Post
    will it provide more fuel than the current EFI controller?
    In most cases more fuel than the original EFI controller can give isnt needed. If it is needed then your limiting factors will probably be with the injectors and fuel pressure.

In most cases more fuel than the original EFI controller can give isnt needed.

Not true. According to R&D all settings set at zero add no additional fuel and leave fuel system with stock fuel curve. Settings go from 0-9 in .5 increments. It only adds fuel. You decide how much. 18 different fuel enrichment increments on 3 different rpm levels. Lots of fine tuneability with this. The presets are pretty much centered on the scale, from 3.5 to 5.5, so it will be dramatically richer than stock with the preset stage one settings.

You can also set the rpm points at which each of the 3 fuel control settings begin. Example: Your WOT fuel control is mode 3. You have a 0-9 setting for the AMOUNT of fuel you want at WOT, you have another mode which you can set the rpm at which the WOT fuel setting starts,, 6000, 6100, 6200,etc. You can do the same with all 3 fuel level settings, not only control how much fuel, but at what rpms you chose to start each at also..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information