Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help just purchase my vxr damage due to trailer????

Good Evening Everyone just purchased my 2013 VXR about 3 weeks ago. Noticed the other day while detailing the ski that the rollers of the trailer were getting lose. Yesterday I unloaded the ski and noticed that the trailer had scratch the front of hull So I tried to forget the little scratch finished riding the ski loaded her up like normal by time I arrived home I lost the right roller and scratch got worse. This is first Boat/pwc Ive owned so did not realize that the way the ski sits on trailer is not right, thus having the above mentioned damaged. What do you guys suggest I Do? Is the dealer responsible or the trailer manufacture??? I provided pic below the scratch is small but I paid a lot of money for two new products for this to happend.

Last edited by thereturn; 07-22-2013 at 08:33 PM.

+1
    Sorry to hear this. If you dig deep enough there is a thread on here with extensive info on repairing these hulls. I'd look for you but I'm on my phone. Thread was bumped recently tho

Well the only good to this is the hull is not damage just paint has been scratch off

+1
    That's the front near the keel right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thereturn View Post
    Good Evening Everyone just purchased my 2013 VXR about 3 weeks ago. Noticed the order while detailing the ski that the front rollers of the trailer were getting loser. Yesterday I unload the ski and noticed that the trailer had scratch the front of bull im so pissed. So I tried to forget the little scratch finished riding the ski loaded her like normal by time I arrived home I lost the right roller and scratch got worse. This is first Boat/pwc Ive owned so did not realize that the way the ski sit on trailer is not right, thus having the above mentioned damaged. What do you guys suggest I Do? Is the dealer responsible or the trailer manufacture??? I provided pic below the scratch is small but I paid a lot of money for two new products for this to happend.
    You lost the right roller... what?
    You need to rewrite this so people can understand what you're talking about. If I understand you correctly the trailer roller was defective; if so then I would say yes maybe the dealer needs to help you out on this fix, but I'm not totally sure what you're saying to be honest. Post up some more pics or something if possible.

this is roller's im speaking about

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thereturn View Post
    this is roller's im speaking about
    Mine doesn't have them things on the side. But my roller is larger.

I wonder what kind of roller everyone is using? Mine is fairly new and the paint is starting to rub off under the bow roller as well. The painted hulls just aren't that durable and scratch easily. My roller is a blue 3x3 polyurethane and it seems really soft, but the hull is still scratched up from it. I really wish these were gelcoat.

+1
    I can't really see the scratch well. The reflection is kinda making it hard to see how deep or bad it is.
    How the heck did the front roller break? I assume you hit the bolt that passes through the front roller, am I right?

+1
    Those TPR rollers & end caps( Thermo plastic) are crap. Hollow plastic injection molded. In the heat they flex and distort like in your pic. The heavy duty solid black rubber rollers are still the best out there. People say they mark the hull. But i've had them under my white boat for 12 years and haven't seen a mark. I use them on my ski trailer as well. My last 2 ski's over 7 years have black hulls and I haven't seen any rubbing or marks.

Before the TPR rollers. an upgrade from the rubber 15 years ago was the poly(polyurethane) rollers. They are rigid like the black rubber. But, were marketed as to not mark the hull/ They are @ 3-4x the price of the rubber. I use them on my boat trailer winch. Only downside is that they turn from yellow to orange over a few years from sunlight.

This is what I would change over your setup to. You can probably find them at local west marine. But, more expensive than etrailer.
    http://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer.../YR3143-4.html
    http://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer...r/YR134-4.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130608_191906_243.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	307665Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130619_151846_987.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	307666
    Last edited by KamikazeGPR; 07-22-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information