Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FNG Here!! Just bought an 07 GP1300R

Hello everyone! Just like any new guy Im surre Ill have a million questions about my new toy, but Ill try and keep it to a minimum. Just bought an 07 GP1300R with 56 hours on it. It looks brand new and fully stock under the seat. I took it out yesterday for the first time and it ran great, its got crazy power. I just wanna mod it to ride good and avoid breakdowns. Any GPR owners out the that could give me some input on what mods to go with? I would like to keep the oil tank and not switch to premix, any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated. First thing I need is a service manual... Thnaks in advance!!

+1
    Keep an eye on the oil lines, just to be safe. I got my shop manual off ebay, but it's on a disc and that kind of sucks. How much are you willing to put into mods? Are you looking to hit a certain speed?

Ive heard the oil lines is what causes the problem so will do, thanks. As far as $$ for mods, anything to keep the ski running right for the longest time possible. If speed comes with it, then even better!

+1
    Welcome to the hulk and enjoy the gpr. One of the best recreation skis I have ridden. What part of the country are you? n Or should I say world we have people from all over here.

Thanks! I'm in Virginia Beach, VA.

+1
    The oil lines was more for the 1200r as they are routed and mounted differently on the 1300. You would need:

Intake Grate
    D-plate and temp chip
    Ride plate

Thanks Leejax01. I just spoke to a buddy of mine that has a GP800R and he does premix. I was considering switching so I have one less thing to worry about...

+1
    Well I have to tell you ... I have an 08 GP1300, still has oil injection system & it works fine. No one has ever said they had a pump failure or even a failed/popped line. But for some reason because of the slim chance an injection pump may fail or an oil line may pop off. yes there was a time Yamahas had issues concerning the oil lines running to the #3 cyl and an oil lines did tend to pull tight & pop off ... causing engine damage no doubt. But form about 05 on I have not been able to find one documented case where this in fact has happened. But most will tell you they did it as a precausion .. thus just will never know. it is like having your tonsils removed ... because it is the thing to do. yet anyone I know who did manage to keep his tonsils has never had an issue ... go figure. If it gives you some peace of mind go for it. ... Good luck

+1
    Get the WaveEater kit for it if you want to prevent a expensive breakdown.

+1
    Hey its an 07 low hours ... ? Wave eaters ????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information