Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Cleaning ultra 300x air box!

So how hard is it to clean the factory air box? I honestly without removing the engine see how you could possibly take it out to clean it..The way its designed to curve down in front of the fuel tank looks impossible to get out without removing a lot of stuff.I took the ECU loose and have a clear open hole there but will it go through that little space? I removed my sc hose today and oil ran out of it not a lot but enough to cause concern of cleaning it out....This is why my RPM`s are down I suspect the black tube running from SC to air box was also saturated with oil,,, Can the airbox be removed without to much difficulty?

Banned User
    +1
    IMO if you ask w/o too much difficulty I'd say no. I've done it but its a real pain. It unclips into 2 pieces but yea, not a lot of fun. Maybe if you got the top off and slid over you could accomplish what you want w/o removing it completely

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    IMO if you ask w/o too much difficulty I'd say no. I've done it but its a real pain. It unclips into 2 pieces but yea, not a lot of fun. Maybe if you got the top off and slid over you could accomplish what you want w/o removing it completely
    I saw the clips that hold the top on but my arms are not quite long enough! My fear is getting it apart and then not being able to get it back together right.I would prefer one long tube with a big filter on the end of it. may not give any performance but geeeeezzz this air box is a nightmare to get to. Is it even worth cleaning it out?

Banned User
    +1
    There's nothing to clean unless you loose a belt then the screen needs to be cleaned.

+1
    yep you are dreaming that isnt why you have lost rpms. tip the front of the ski up let it sit this way for a day or so then remove the clear tube that has caught the little amount of oil..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    yep you are dreaming that isnt why you have lost rpms. tip the front of the ski up let it sit this way for a day or so then remove the clear tube that has caught the little amount of oil..
    I put it all back stock except for the scom all of the R&D stuff has been removed.now all im doing is checking every possible solution. may just need to pin her wide open for about 30 minutes and blow her out .I had this same issue last year when i changed my oil,then I had the sc clamp slide off the hose!I know of a few others that have had the same issue with rpm and it turned out to be a loose clamp!!! Last time mine did this it was also a clamp,,I showed one of these clamps to a guy today that builds racing/dragster engines with big Sc`s and Turbos and he told me those were the worst taiwan made clamps he had ever seen,, they are what he described as general purpose/ low preasure clamps not something you would want to use on a SC hose. so he hooked me up with these he said these would not leak or come loose.
    Last edited by jeff007; 07-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    You can take it out in two pieces but its a Paine in the ass. There just no real benefit unless your chasing every last tenth mph

Banned User
    +1
    The stock clamps are really cheap/low quality, constant tension or torque clamps should be used, or at the very least higher quality worm gears (the clamps on the water lines are also junk). However, there should be no reason to clean the air box. I'm running an aftermarket full baffled catch can with reservoir to contain the spew (and high level overflow back to the sump, which I don't ever use, I just drain the reservoir after every ride) and I have zero oil in the IC, airbox tube, sc hose, or anywhere else - makes all the difference.

+1
    maybe its more to do with who tightens them some of us have never ever ever had a problem with loose boost clamps yet some just never can get it right

Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    I put it all back stock except for the scom all of the R&D stuff has been removed.now all im doing is checking every possible solution. may just need to pin her wide open for about 30 minutes and blow her out .I had this same issue last year when i changed my oil,then I had the sc clamp slide off the hose!I know of a few others that have had the same issue with rpm and it turned out to be a loose clamp!!! Last time mine did this it was also a clamp,,I showed one of these clamps to a guy today that builds racing/dragster engines with big Sc`s and Turbos and he told me those were the worst taiwan made clamps he had ever seen,, they are what he described as general purpose/ low preasure clamps not something you would want to use on a SC hose. so he hooked me up with these he said these would not leak or come loose.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fcr100098 View Post
    The stock clamps are really cheap/low quality, constant tension or torque clamps should be used, or at the very least higher quality worm gears (the clamps on the water lines are also junk). However, there should be no reason to clean the air box. I'm running an aftermarket full baffled catch can with reservoir to contain the spew (and high level overflow back to the sump, which I don't ever use, I just drain the reservoir after every ride) and I have zero oil in the IC, airbox tube, sc hose, or anywhere else - makes all the difference.
    No more rice is Back eh ?

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information