Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

kawasaki needs to problems with red paint

Just spoke with my sponsorship dealer about my red ultra. t They called kawasaki to report the problems of fading. scratching, red paint on cloths,and dark cloudy spots bleeding through the paint and to this point kawasaki knows nothing about the problems we are experiencing. We need to pull together and report back to our dealers so kawasaki knows we are having troubles and get our skis repaired. I have red alot of threads on GH about this red paint issue and i hope kawasaki wasn't BS my dealer abount not know anything, just report to the dealers so we all benefit. Thanks JR

Mine did a bit of red on a rag the first washing but has been fine since. No problems here but that does not mean others are not having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Mine did a bit of red on a rag the first washing but has been fine since. No problems here but that does not mean others are not having problems.
    Only 1 out of 5 owners say that they have any issue with the RED paint (according to the PAINT POLL)...so is there a problem or not????

Well I'm one out of the five so I say YES! There is a problem!!

firefighter make sure you contact the dealer so necessary calls are made to kawasaki. What kinda problems do u have?

Being in the body reapir business, I can tell you that red will always show up on a rag. Anytime you use a polish or rubbing compound, you remove a little paint. Red is a very strong color and thus overpowers the other colors in the rag. The blue is probably on the rags as well but just doesn't show up so much. What concerns me is that there is obviously no clear coat on these ski's and thus probably no UV protection, as the clear usually has the UV protectors in it. The red in particular may fade quickly, time will tell.

This is not to say that there isn't any UV protection in the red but it would be MUCH more durable with a clearcoat over it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Being in the body reapir business, I can tell you that red will always show up on a rag. Anytime you use a polish or rubbing compound, you remove a little paint. Red is a very strong color and thus overpowers the other colors in the rag. The blue is probably on the rags as well but just doesn't show up so much. What concerns me is that there is obviously no clear coat on these ski's and thus probably no UV protection, as the clear usually has the UV protectors in it. The red in particular may fade quickly, time will tell.

I've owned many red cars... none turned the rags red while waxing. Oh, I've seen oxidized red, and poor paint, as well as new paint...

This is gel coat. The question is, does gel coat bleed red when new. Mine goes back on Saturday for inspection and it's first service.

+1
    I have seen many red boats and none of them bled when they were new. Did anyone with a red Ultra 150 have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    I've owned many red cars... none turned the rags red while waxing. Oh, I've seen oxidized red, and poor paint, as well as new paint...

This is gel coat. The question is, does gel coat bleed red when new. Mine goes back on Saturday for inspection and it's first service.
    Mark, that would be because all new cars now are clearcoated, if not they would turn the rag red.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information