Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RIVA/Athena ECU How To: Adjusting Engine Idle

Hi everyone! We're aware of the issues and questions posted here on the GH forums in relation to our Athena ECU's. Our top priorities are providing a positive overall experience and customer satisfaction. One of the issues we noted is our documentation. In response we completely reworked the Quick Start Guide adding more screen captures and more detailed and thorough explanations of the set up processes.

Another request we've noted is the ability to adjust engine idle. We put together a technical manual outlining the process for Yamaha 1.8L engine models using our Direct Connect Athena ECU. The manual contains step-by-step instructions, detailed screen captures and setting references.

Please note that this is not to be performed as part of the initial set up of the ECU. It would be done only after the engine is warmed up and it is determined the idle is too low or too high. Not all craft require the engine idle be adjusted. In craft where the idle was determined to be too low or too high we found that only a minor adjustment was necessary.

It is important that you read through the entire manual before physically performing the adjustment. If you have any questions regarding the process please contact our Tech Support Rep, Bubba, directly at (954) 247-0705 or [email protected].

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjust_Idle_AthenaDC.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	307737

http://www.rivaecu.com/docs/Adjust_Idle_AthenaDC.pdf

+1
    Thanks for the posting, any similar documentation for the Power Connect version? Thx.

+1
    Thanks for posting and thank you for coming to the Hulk. It's a great resource to have Riva techs answer questions for everyone to see. In my case with Athena, Rob C from Riva, Got everything squared away within minutes of connecting to my laptop after I reached terminal point trying to sort it out my self.
    Hope to see more issues solved and posted here for everyone to learn from.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Thanks for the posting, any similar documentation for the Power Connect version? Thx.
    Not at this time. The programming is slightly different for the Power Connect models. Is there anything in particular you would like to know or do? Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there is. Our Tech Support/Customer Service Rep Bubba can be reached directly at (954) 247-0705.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS Monty View Post
    Thanks for posting and thank you for coming to the Hulk. It's a great resource to have Riva techs answer questions for everyone to see. In my case with Athena, Rob C from Riva, Got everything squared away within minutes of connecting to my laptop after I reached terminal point trying to sort it out my self.
    Hope to see more issues solved and posted here for everyone to learn from.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Ultimately we would like customers to contact us directly so we can document any issues in the field. But, I will provide whatever technical assistance I can here on the forums. Thanks again!

+1
    Mike, we truly appreciate your help here. Thanks for posting!

Jerry

+1
    Very glad to see Riva posting here and very welcome.

We all know there has been a few bumps with the Athena release and look very forward to resolving everything with help!!

+1
    Thank you Jerry & Duke!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVA CREW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Not at this time. The programming is slightly different for the Power Connect models. Is there anything in particular you would like to know or do? Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there is. Our Tech Support/Customer Service Rep Bubba can be reached directly at (954) 247-0705.
    Thx but not at the moment. just a bit nervous from what ive heard and trying to think ahead on known issues. I will install the ecu this weekend and am hoping all goes well

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the party Riva. Glad to see you here supporting you stuff. I know how hard it is to tune dozens of ski's that all have different mods
    Last edited by Nils888; 07-25-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information