Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! Riva Gas Valves

Was searching for abt 400 missing RPM,(and a major bog on take off )and much to my surprise found the blades on my mag and center valves missing. I contacted Riva, and was given the number to Dasa Racing, they informed me that they no longer make the valve part . Does anybody know if these are available anywhere else, or someone has any they would like to sell? Im not sure what to do if I cant find replacements. Thanks in advance for your help!

Banned User
    +1
    what are blades? i have gas valves and not sure what blades are? you talking about the guilltine that goes up and down like a power valve?

+1
    The gas valves have a shoulder on them to keep the valve (blade) from falling into the cylinder when they break away from the shaft of the valve. If they are still missing, I would guess that they are still inside the slot where the valve slides up and down. You may need some needle nose pliers to pull them out. This is one of the good things about gas valves.... a broken one will not distroy a piston or cylinder.

Replace the broken valves , and you will probably get all of your rpms back.

It is possible that you might get them here on the Green hulk site, but you may have to PM Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    what are blades? i have gas valves and not sure what blades are? you talking about the guilltine that goes up and down like a power valve?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    The gas valves have a shoulder on them to keep the valve (blade) from falling into the cylinder when they break away from the shaft of the valve. If they are still missing, I would guess that they are still inside the slot where the valve slides up and down. You may need some needle nose pliers to pull them out. This is one of the good things about gas valves.... a broken one will not distroy a piston or cylinder.

Replace the broken valves , and you will probably get all of your rpms back.

It is possible that you might get them here on the Green hulk site, but you may have to PM Jerry.
    pulled the cylinders off, they are both gone.

Lowell was nice enough to sell me his last true set. He said there is a way to run a different blade with some modifications.
    So I would contact lowell horning at 2 stroke porting.

Banned User
    +1
    Lowell can get the the gullitine or power valve itself whatever you want to call it. How did these not destroy your engine if the broke is what I want to know?

+1
    How did these not destroy your engine if the broke is what I want to know?
    ........ or how you could have ever had the extra 400 rpms with out the "blades".

Banned User
    +1
    something doesnt add up here

Lowell can get the the gullitine or power valve itself whatever you want to call it. How did these not destroy your engine if the broke is what I want to know?
    yea, I couldnt believe it myself! figured for sure 1 of the 2 wouldve dropped in, but both mustve blown out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information