Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP Speaker Install

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130723_191645.jpg 
Views:	820 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	307792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130723_191659.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	307793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130723_191800.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	307794Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130723_191810.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	307795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130723_191916.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	307796Hey guys. Spent a lot of time on here getting ideas on how to put a stereo on my rxp. I ended up buying a used engine cover and started cutting. Here's what I ended up with. It's not perfect by no means but it works. Figured I'd share it with you in case anybody else was thinking of doing it. Also I just got done installing a solas 14/19 with a new wear ring. I also had to replace the carbon ring and bellows. I took it out today on fairly calm water and gps'd it at 65mph and 7660 rpm. It has an intake grate, r&d air filter and riva rear exhaust. Should this thing be doing more than this with the mods I've done? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help.

+1
    Figure out why your RPM are low, then fix that problem. Once you get the RPM to 8100+ your speed should come back. Make sure it's not the supercharger clutch slipping. Does your ski have metal clutch washers in the supercharger?

IMO putting an air filter on the end of the stock intake box is not worthwhile at all. You need to get rid of the OE intake piping. It's so restrictive it's not even funny, all the bends and size/shape variances.

+1
    +1 with Fizzle. s/c first. With that grate and prop, you need more air flow. Pull the filter. I did the r&d grate, 14/19 and the 3" riva intake a few years back and i was at 8100. You did this and plugged up the shitty stock intake even more by adding that filter.

Thanks Fizzle. What type of intake is everybody running? My s/c had metal washers in it but I'm not sure how long ago that was. I bought it 2 years ago with 170 hours on it. It now has 194. When I took the tubing off the s/c to get to the carbon ring I reached in it and tried to turn it with my fingers. It had some resistance but I was able to spin it some. I'm still learning so I'm not sure if this is ok. I did notice when I was out yesterday that when I was cruising and relaxed the throttle I could feel it surge every once in a while. Could this be the s/c slipping?

+1
    If you can move the supercharger wheel at all with your fingers it's time to pull it and get it serviced!

Quote Originally Posted by clements77 View Post
    Thanks Fizzle. What type of intake is everybody running? My s/c had metal washers in it but I'm not sure how long ago that was. I bought it 2 years ago with 170 hours on it. It now has 194. When I took the tubing off the s/c to get to the carbon ring I reached in it and tried to turn it with my fingers. It had some resistance but I was able to spin it some. I'm still learning so I'm not sure if this is ok. I did notice when I was out yesterday that when I was cruising and relaxed the throttle I could feel it surge every once in a while. Could this be the s/c slipping?

+1
    Full rebuild on the s/c.
    Bearings & washers.
    A bearing failure on the s/c can cost 2k+ in damages.
    Jerry does a great job on rebuilding s/c.
    Also put a new set of spark plugs...

+1
    Great job on the music install.
    That's way better than cutting into the hull for the speaker install.

Damn. I was hoping you weren't going to say that. I have a big trip coming in a week so I don't have time to get it rebuilt. I just put in an offer on a rebuilt one on ebay so hopefully he wil accept or give me a counter offer. How hard is it to pull the s/c off? I read that there is just 3 bolts but then does it just slide out? Also there is a little oil where the s/c meets the engine. Is this where that Viton oil seal goes? Thanks again for all yor help. This site has helped me a ton.

Thanks wot. I bought the used cover so I wouldn't screw up my stock one. I was nervous about it but finally had a couple of beers and grabbed the rotozip and got after it. I bought the oem stickers here to make it look right. It's good for floating around which is what we do a lot of but as far as being able to hear while riding it's not very effective.

That setup looks sweet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information