Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

08 GP 1300 "Pig out of the hole ..Help"

Hello, this is the first time I am making a post ... but I really need some help. My like new 35 hour 08 GP 1300 is just sluggish when starting on the hole shot. It takes a bit of time to really kick in ... and by then I am behind everyone on CC, and have to battle my way to the front. The ski runs very strong. Compression is good 124, 125, 125 . the top end is good @ 67 / 68 on Etrex GPS. I have installed the jet works hole shot kit, but really no noticable improvement. As you can see in my signature I have the bolt-on mods. I installed the EJK fuel controller yesterday, and will be inputting the base settings to start with. I just think I can not be the only 1300 owner out there with this problem ... any advice or helpful suggestions ​Please

I guess it's not a cavitation issue since you did not mention it. I was wondering about your prop the 14/20 and I don't see any engine mods in your signature other than the fuel controller and plate,so I am wondering if the prop maybe a little big for the stock engine? Don't know just throughing up suggestions. I was running a 13/19 concord on my stock ski and it was wicked out of the hole. The only engine mod I had was a RIVA 2 Stinger.

+1
    I would start with the prop, 13/19 is good for a stock engine.

+1
    Well you both might be on to something. I did just what Riva & R & D, suggested for an 08 GP 1300, they both recommended the Dyna 14/20. Now I have it ... and not so sure? Any other of you late model GP 1300 owners with this same problem?

+1
    P.S. my 2001 GP 1200, is much quicker out of the hole ... it has the 13/19 but that is what it is suppose to have also.

+1
    Do race other 2 strokes that are modified (ported/timing/increased compression)?..or SC or Turbo skis?...the GPR is a great ski BUT is a dog out of the hole unfortunately when you compare it to today's ski advancement in power and torque...

If your gonna race open class which allows most modifications for power and speed your need the big 3 2 stroke remedy..

1) porting
    2)higher compression
    3)advance timing

Then you can adjust that fuel controller now that you have much better air/fuel velocity and turn that 14/20 much better..

Good luck!

+1
    yeah i feel like gpr's are all just mid-top end. complete dogs out of the hole when stock

8. +1 by:

+1
    The problem with out of the box impellers is that there sizes can alternate. It can be a hair bigger or smaller than specified. Yet I feel like this probably isn't your problem. My ski which I run at sea level (in the bay or Atlantic Ocean) has decent hole shot. Nothing spectacular but enough to make me happy. You are above sea level. I would deffinitly mill the head down alittle to start. I was going to have carl at IR do that for me but decided not to because the season was approaching quick and didn't want my ski to be down. Start with that. That will get you off the line quicker.

+1
    How does the 08 compare to your other GPR out of the hole? the prop will make a big difference. What prop is in there right now? Have you checked it to make sure it is really what it is supposed to be? Come on down I have gauges and we can check it out. I have never tried to bend one I have friends that know how to do that.

+1
    you install the keyway yet?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information