Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GP1300 unhooking at WOT

At WOT the ski is bouncing and comes unhooked like crazy. I've lost too many races because of it. My sponsons are stepped and I'm running a T&B 14/20 Solas DF with serval other bolt on modifications. I've heard that I'm bouncing too much because the impeller is too steep. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks

+1
    shim your ride plate had the same problem....and use your trim.

+1
    Not sure how a prop being too steep can cause you to come unhooked at speed. Better use of the trim might help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    shim your ride plate had the same problem....and use your trim.
    Shim the ride plate up or down?

+1
    Should I shim the trim tabs down as well?

+1
    How big is the water that you are raceing in.... smooth, 1 foot chop, 3 foot chop?. How long is the race? How long are the straight line runs? Is it closed course?

You are right in that your boat is not making power while it is in the air, so the trick is to set it up to where it stays hooked up without creating so much drag that overall speed is reduced. In other words, you have to set your boat up for your racing conditions using only modifications that suit your needs.

Most of the speed tricks that you read about will help in smooth water, but in racing conditions with your buddies or even in formal racing, many of these so called tricks will not work and may actually work against you.

So what are your racing conditions?

You may be surprised if you do a search on Shredmaster ride plates, and 3 degree nozzles on GPR's, and thrust nozzle adjustments. This is the beauty behind the GPR. You can set it up to do so many things and do them well. You just cannot do them all at the same time.

+1
    I put two washers on each side in the back of the ride plate like 1mm washers......and you just play with the trim up or down

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    How big is the water that you are raceing in.... smooth, 1 foot chop, 3 foot chop?. How long is the race? How long are the straight line runs? Is it closed course?

You are right in that your boat is not making power while it is in the air, so the trick is to set it up to where it stays hooked up without creating so much drag that overall speed is reduced. In other words, you have to set your boat up for your racing conditions using only modifications that suit your needs.

Most of the speed tricks that you read about will help in smooth water, but in racing conditions with your buddies or even in formal racing, many of these so called tricks will not work and may actually work against you.

So what are your racing conditions?

You may be surprised if you do a search on Shredmaster ride plates, and 3 degree nozzles on GPR's, and thrust nozzle adjustments. This is the beauty behind the GPR. You can set it up to do so many things and do them well. You just cannot do them all at the same time.
    All my races are informal. You give each other the look.. Slam the throttle and go. My riding is bay riding. So conditions vary but all my racing that I do is in usually around a one foot chop. I have my ski set up with a skeggless r&d plate. Riva trim tabs a 1200 grate stepped sponsons and a protec nozzle. Also the usual bolt on engine mods. Free flow air filter etc. I know that you can't have everything when it comes to performance. My plate is already shimmed up alittle. I don't remember the angle off hand though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    I put two washers on each side in the back of the ride plate like 1mm washers......and you just play with the trim up or down
    Allright cool. Back as in closest to the grate? I have to try that. I think I'm running two towards the grate and one towards the nozzle. Don't know the washer size though

+1
    Hi Black&Siver, have not heard from you lately .... My 08 1300, stays hooked up pretty good but not to choppy hear ... except in CC races where it gets churned a fair bit. I was wondering do you have any sort of hole shot ? I know our top-ends are about the same. I just think my ski is still a pig out of the hole. Any ideas ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information