'09 FX SHO Mods ?

So, the deal is done on my '09 SHO. Had the water test done and even with 100 hours it matched the original factory stats. While I still have access to the US prices on parts before I go back home to SA I wanted to take advantage and get all the initial mods I want to do. I have planed for the free flow, intake manifold, power filter kit. Should I plan for the engine breather kit as well ? Or anything else right now while I can get the US prices ? I am guessing I need to replace the impeller next, but I don't think I am ready for that just yet... I know it has an aftermarket plate and grate (don't know what still trying to find out).
    Thx in advance for the help.

*bump*

I know there are a few threads out there like like, but they all seem to differ a bit based on year / hours etc hence the request.

Any thoughts/advice/comments/ramblings ? It just that I need to make the shipping deadline so I have to order today to have shipped tomorrow.

+1
    Not sure what your question really is. If you are asking what you should do to make sure it is back to stock but as fast and reliable as possible then here is what I would suggest especially if the ski has been sitting for awhile.

• Complete oil/oil filter change, plugs (stock up), air filter (buy an extra). (I do not use OEM filter and oil because I ride so much. NAPA Gold 1348 and Valvoline ATV or Motorcycle oil for wet clutch will work. Stock up. I order both of these in bulk from Amazon Prime)
    • Check the wear ring and impeller. Wear ring is probably fine. You should be able to just fit a credit card between the ring and the impeller blades. Regardless buy yourself a new or near new OEM impeller which is as good as anything for a stock ski.
    • Buy a Riva top loader intake grate if in your budget (can purchase from PWCPerformance.com)
    • If possible pull the ride plate off and ship it to Jim's Performance. He can modify it for about $200 and ship it to you to be reinstalled anywhere in the world. He does it all the time.
    • Make sure the gas is stable. If it has been in there for long even with a stabilizer get it out of there. Put a can of Sea Foam (automotive stores) into the tank and fill it up with fresh 87 octane gas when you get it home. That will help clean the injectors and fuel lines of residues.

Finally stock up on silicone spray and WD40. Check all of the rub rails, hatch bolts, every bolt on the ski for tightness. Soak the engine area with silicone spray and areas where there is no rubber like hatch hinge, bolts etc that are isolated from rubber with the WD40 or CRC. Spray the external pump components, step ladder hinge, etc with WD40/CRC after every use. Pick up a high quality marine polish with Teflon if you leave your ski in the sun a lot or a high quality marine wax if you keep it in a garage. (Polish lasts longer but not as high a gloss than wax in heat and sun.)

Good luck, safe travels.

+1
    I have the exact same ski as you, look at my mods in my signature....I've done pretty much everything you can do without touching the ECU or Supercharger....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    I have the exact same ski as you, look at my mods in my signature....I've done pretty much everything you can do without touching the ECU or Supercharger....
    Yep! That is perfect for me. I haven't done nearly as much as you though.

Thread Information