Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polaris sl1050 Eletrical Problem wont turnover

I replaced the solenoid on my 97 polaris sl1050 in the process i noticed that the red/yellow wire that connects to the board if wiggled would then turn over. the tab on the board was broken so when you wiggled it it would work i tried to soder it and that didnt work it wouldnt hold then i tried to touch them together again to see if i could get it to turn over and it wouldnt. then i bought a new board hooked everything back up and still it wont turn over. i have lights on my display and my bilge pump works. where should i start looking?? i can also put a screwdriver across the solenoid and it will start that way. Please help! thanks

+1
    Is the lanyard in? check to see if you have 12v on the red/purple buss on the board. If the display works, you should. Ensure that you have 12v at the red/purple on the start / stop switch. Check continuity in the start stop switch. Check that you have 12v on the yellow/red when the start button is pushed. If you do, check that you have 12v at the solenoid where the yellow/red connects. If you do, check the ground for the solenoid. If the solenoid is properly grounded, and you have 12v at the yellow/red attached to the solenoid when the start button is pushed, the solenoid is bad.

it was the stupid red wire on the ciruitbreaker. you move it and it works. i still cant get the rev limiter to kick off. i unplugged the gray, brown, and a light blue wire. is there anymore that go to the rev limiter. it will only go to 47/4800 rpms

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WetterJetter View Post
    it was the stupid red wire on the ciruitbreaker. you move it and it works.

i still cant get the rev limiter to kick off. i unplugged the gray, brown, and a light blue wire. is there anymore that go to the rev limiter. it will only go to 47/4800 rpms
    Will it rev much higher when out of the water?

Make sure the actual circuit breaker (Reset button) is not internally weak or intermittent.

no thats out of water. and how do i test the circuit breaker? would that have to do with the rev limiter? see the thread about it it has rev limiter in the title i posted pictures of my board and the rev limiter wiring

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WetterJetter View Post
    it was the stupid red wire on the ciruitbreaker. you move it and it works. i still cant get the rev limiter to kick off. i unplugged the gray, brown, and a light blue wire. is there anymore that go to the rev limiter. it will only go to 47/4800 rpms
    You should only be disconnecting the gray wire going to the CDI to disable the rev limiter (if that is infact your issue).

my light blue and brown wire are continous. the grey wire only goes to 3 on the ohm meter. i attached pictures to show. the board i am using sl900 and it is missing a diode in that corner is that a big deal? it didnt work before i switched boards. i needed a new board due to a tab busting off. is my cdi box bad and causing it to think its in limp mode?

+1
    The grey wire to ground should be 0. The diode is necessary. What is the blue wire that you attached to the tan terminal for? It is either the oil sender or the trim motor.....?

CDI may be done....

im not sure what the blue wire goes to its continuous. how do you test the cdi?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information