Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you part out a 300hr 05 RXP?.....to buy a

For now, I'm just kicking around the idea of unloading my 05 RXP (which I love) in favor of a younger 05/06 RXP. I could buy a much newer ski if I felt like it, but I just love the way these older RXPs handle and I'm very accustomed to their attitude. I'm seeing some 05/06's listed with 50-100 hours, stock condition for normal to good prices. A piece of me is half tempted to write out a check now for one.

My hull has almost 300hrs on it - shows age and has a bruise here and there. My engine has almost 220hrs. Always cranks right up and runs awesome (except for my weird RPM issue), I've never had an ounce of electrical problems and it's never seen salt water ever. Plus, I've had it since 6hrs old, so I know it's history.
    So, I'm wondering what the hell should I do with my ski if I get another one to transfer my mods to....who's going to want to buy a 300hr hull with a "bump here and there" and rock scuffs along the bottom? Do I just give it away for pennies, or is it worth parting this out? Or, do I forge ahead with this ol bird and fix anything and everything that's in my future with it? You guys that have parted out your skis....is it worth the headache (considering my ski)?

Thanks for your thoughts!

+1
    I've seen those skis with 5-600 hours and still rippen wot.
    Seadoo rates the motors to run 3000 hrs.
    I'd keep it.
    Who knows if a great looking 05-06 is going to run as good as yours.

Banned User
    +1
    A newer ski might not be as magical as the one you have

True. I'd hate to give up on the magic....but would be nice to have a young ski again (and get out from under my RPM mystery).

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Keep the ski you have & love.

get a second ski.

Now you have one for some one else to ride, if need be, or a spare for whatever reason.

...more is better.

+1
    I would worry the 'newer' rxp with 100 or so hrs would require a rebuild, which would tack on another grand or more.
    If you're considering writing a 5k check for a newer one, spend 3-4k and drop in a set of 9.5's, light valves/retainers and new stock valve springs (good to 8800 with light valves and retainers) while refreshing all bearings, and check oil pumps, etc.
    Go for a riva 8600ecu with Bosch 48's. Do the usual, but replace parts with more 'fun-filled' parts! Heck, might as well drop in a big ol' charger too...

+1
    You could pull a blasterboy and sell it as lightly used with low hours in 300 hours But if you've done proper maintenance I would keep it

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    I would worry the 'newer' rxp with 100 or so hrs would require a rebuild, which would tack on another grand or more.
    Yea I thought about that too. But then reminded myself that my 2nd engine has 200hrs, so it's gonna need work sooner or later anyway I suppose.

Thought about owning a 2nd one, but I don't have the room for it. I have my Tacoma and my Supra in the (3-car) garage now with the ski.

About the "magic" (haha), I've already replaced that pump after the bearing went out, and I'll be ordering a new 15/20....not sure if I have a "magical" pump or if it's the hull and or ECU.

I'll PM slow91 and pick his brain about a winter rebuild, but I sure as shit don't look forward to shipping a motor.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    You could pull a blasterboy and sell it as lightly used with low hours in 300 hours But if you've done proper maintenance I would keep it
    A "blasterboy"?

Yea I've done the maintenance and I know all the history.....but I've also beaten the shit out of it with WOT abuse. And compression numbers are only 110-120 for the past 1.5yrs. I'm thrilled it's held together so nicely and run so strong for 200hrs with the mods and no fuel tuning

+1
    Do it yourself. Buy a manual online and go for it. Torque to spec and you'll be fine!
    I think you'd have more fun on your current ride with more mods.
    I swear, if you bust 90 with your magic-ness before I do, I'm mailing you a box of elephant dung.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information