Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VTS ...... GONE! Is it just the motor? 96xp

Out for a ride and my VTS wouldn't go down on my 96xp. I zoomed over to the beach, make sure connections were tight. Opened the black VTS box and hit up and down a couple times. The little VTS motor just clicked, sort of like a starter would when they fail. Do I just need a new VTS motor?

Wondering if I just need to buy this guy right here...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SeaDoo-VTS-T...-/251308444958

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    its either that or the housing. take the motor out and test it on a battery. the trim motor can run either way by reversing the wires from positive to negative. if it moves both ways its the housing if not its the motor

So just simply take the two wires, and touch postive and negative each with 1 wire. It should turn one way, then switch the wires around and it should turn the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    its either that or the housing. take the motor out and test it on a battery. the trim motor can run either way by reversing the wires from positive to negative. if it moves both ways its the housing if not its the motor
    I took the motor out and it works on the battery..... This means I have to buy a new housing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlajoy1122 View Post
    I took the motor out and it works on the battery..... This means I have to buy a new housing?
    Did the motor turn both left and right? If yes, it's the housing that needs replaced

+1
    So just simply take the two wires, and touch postive and negative each with 1 wire. It should turn one way, then switch the wires around and it should turn the other way around?
    Yes

Did the motor turn both left and right? If yes, it's the housing that needs replaced
    Ok but I opened up the fuse box and the 7.5amp (vts fuse) was blown so I replaced it, it blew right away, then I replaced it again and it worked for a while, I went up/down/up/down/up/down all the way and it worked fine so I just left it. Im assuming it will blow again.

Does the housing with the module in it do this? blow the fuse? Im assuming that is what your talking about. Your saying replace the housing because its no longer good and blowing my fuse?

+1
    What in the housing needs to be replaced?

Seal unit. Parts break inside while applying trim and hitting hard waves at same time.

+1
    What is the Seal Unit? I am sorry, do you mean the seal on the shaft? I replaced that on mine. I also had to replace the 7.5 amp fuse (was getting the single click when trying to run the VTS.) I also had to replace one spring behind one brush in the VTS motor. All is well now since no water is getting in through the worn shaft boot seal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information