Sportster Upgrade Help

I have a 2006 Sportster N/A looking for opinions on the best upgrades available to add a little performance and maintain reliability. My thoughts so far are a thru hull exhaust, air intake system with high flow filter, performance intake grate and impeller. My question is there don't seem to be many options for this particular boat but I assume there are upgrades available for skis that will possibly transfer to the boat. Any opinions, experiences and pics of the upgrades available would be very helpful. Im pretty new to the jet boat world but I am an auto tech so I can handle a little custom work if that's what it takes. My main goal is possibly a little more top speed but my main concern is low end torque we do a lot of pulling skiers.

Sportster Thru hull exhaust

I recently added air intake and thru hull exhaust to my 05 Sportster SCIC. It is awesome. There is a recent thread of mine with that title. In it i posted video and pics. The Riva intake fit with no issues. The Rive thru hull exhaust required some modifications to work well. It was worth it though. It sounds awesome and goes a ways over 8000 rpm. It comes out of the hole stronger and is noticably faster. I just did a complete supercharger rebuild as well. You might consider a better intercooler too. Colder air equals more HP.

http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...ec27f7ffa7f7b8

My mechanic works for BRP and is currently working on getting me the ECU from a 2011 along with the intake manifold, 50 lb injectors and a larger super charger to really increase the power and a new impeller to balance torque and top speed. He thinks maybe 65 + easy.

Look up the internal parts list online to verify this, but i doubt there are any differences internal on the motors na vs scic. Im sure the computer is tuned different. Id look into putting on aftermarket supercharger and intercooler. Never seen anyone post this on the forums, but it might just be all bolt ons. You wont get shit for power any other way.

My friend actually worked on the design of these boats. According to him the block is exactly the same in the newer model. I don't really want to spend the money, but i am kinda excited about that additional power. I think the boat i s very fast now. Speed addiction i guess.

I took the boat out twice this week. I really notice the difference in torque and top end. The boat loves the intake in combo with the thru hull exhaust.

Thread Information