Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

AquaX - Start with captions. Race 2 Sunday July 21, 2013

Don't beat me up too bad on this although constructive criticism is welcome. This was my first race and I'm posting this to maybe get some of you motivated to participate in the next race which is in Cocoa Beach on the weekend of August 17th. You can run with modifications or stock. AquaX is extremely professional with training, safety officials, race marshals. It is televised, on local radio, sponsored by Seadoo and published in ProRider. Just the pictures you get of yourself by professional photographers is worth the cost of entry $50 in advance. There are other costs of course and I'd be happy to help you any way that I can. There are 3 classes. 300 class (Ultra 300/RXP-X), 250 class (FX, FZ, RXP 215/255 etc.) and 200 class (VXR/S and anything below 200HP I don't know the other ski models). Prize money is nice and bragging rights terrific. This is a short clip. If you are interested in a longer one let me know and I'll PM you the link to YouTube. You can watch highlights on Fox Sun Sports probably in a couple weeks but that is too late for the next race. If you like to compete this is a great place to do it. It is great fun... http://www.p1aquaxusa.com/

+1
    Awesome video, Vince. Glad you posted

+1
    Looks like fun!! Don't think i could compete with the rest with my gti 130.

Vince is a great competitor out there, and I would also endorse the series for anyone that was on the fence about getting into it, not one person has regretted coming out

5. +1 by:

+1
    lol . . . Vince, which race are you trying to commentate ? ? I fell Saturday during qualifying not during a race.. and that RXP-x on the start to your right came to a dead stop and almost caused a bad accident. . Just saying if you want to commentate you should do it properly!! Thanks

+1
    I've definitely had my eyes on aquaX and been considering racing, I just have questions that I haven't been able to get answered as far as the gear to wear and where to get it at a reasonable price cause I priced it and It came to like 800 which to me just isn't affordable to go run laps.... If you guys can give me some info on this I would greatly appreciate it

+1
    Sure...the best place to get the stuff from is Cycle Gear. There are two of them near you. 5032 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL ‎ and 1157 Rinehart Rd, Sanford

Here is a bit of a budget. Helmet $80, Goggles $30, Back protection $70

You will need boots and gloves. A tow rope 20'. Any fire extinguisher will do. Wetsuit bottoms or riders pants (you can get from Cycle Gear or borrow)

IJSBA is 50, Race registraion 50

You are close enough to Cocoa to not have to get a hotel.

Make sure the helmet has a double "D" ring chin strap and is DOT. Goggles can be just about anything even sunglasses but I don't recommend that. You could buy this stuff online but you really need to put it on for fit and comfort.

What other questions do you have?

+1
    Thanks, I'm going to check out cycle gear, forgot all about them.

+1
    Great race...great subtitled commentary......hope they can bring this up to at least Colonial beach VA next yr..

How's the Masters Class,lots of riders?

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Nice vid vince.

Question?; why do you say the person on the GTR is an asshole?
    granted, it may have been close, but it doesn't look like he was inside 5 or 6 feet away from you?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asshole.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	308958
    I can't say that any form of racing i have ever been in was NOT a contact sport. granted, its not a demo derby, but close quarters can be expected in any form of racing. Sometimes contact is a result.
    racing isnt just about the performance of your machine, or physical performance - there is definitely a mental factor too.
    Keep on competing, you'll just improve and refine your 'game'. When your ready, you'll know when to put it to work - in someone elses head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information