Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

06 RXP standard issue mid 70mph build.

Guys I'm not looking to burn the world down just have a nice reliable 75+mph ski. I'm using this thread just to keep track of my progress. I picked up my 06 Monday of this week. Its 100% stock down to the 110hr ceramics in the blower. So far Ive ordered a 15/21 impeller/stainless wear ring. Im picking up an R&D grate and everything I need to build the 4" cold air. I'm also looking for an X-blower. If I don't find a gently used one by next week ill just buy one new... I'm sending a set of injectors off to Fuel Injector Connection to have them modified to 48#. This is all part of phase 1. Phase 2 will be over the winter and will include a custom intercooler setup that I will fab (done a bunch of them on cars) and add a speed freaks ride plate. I think that should get me to my goals. If anyone has any comments feel free to share them. I've been reading just about everything I can get my hands on trying to learn as much as I can.

Banned User
    +1
    Take a look at my sig there's a reliable 77 mph ski running the stock x charger

+1
    I've Been looking at a lot of ppls signatures to try to get a feel for what works. How's the rear air in rough conditions? Or if you roll? That's one thing that worries me about the rear air. From a performance standpoint has anyone compared rear air to a 4" up front?

Banned User
    +1
    I live on a 450 acre lake so rough like the ocean or Great Lakes never happens. If you roll your ski our an idiot but that's my opinion . If you roll your ski with the riva rear air its not going to be pretty. You will be sucking in gallons of h2o. Riva rear Air flows best then the 4" kana flex with no filter

Sounds like a good plan. I am getting an 04 RXP next week sometime. It's got an S3 charger, 3" front air, solas 14/19, R&D wedge, and a couple of other small things. The owner GPS'd it the other day at a touch over 72 mph.

Not to high-jack, but what's done to the Fbody in the background? You on LS1tech? I have a 2001 Z28 - Stock bottom LQ4, Turbonetics 7875, small turbo cam, 4L80e, on E85.

+1
    Did your dog go ahead a pee on your traier tire? Looks like he is just finishing the sniff test and then here we go.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Longer02 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I am getting an 04 RXP next week sometime. It's got an S3 charger, 3" front air, solas 14/19, R&D wedge, and a couple of other small things. The owner GPS'd it the other day at a touch over 72 mph.

Not to high-jack, but what's done to the Fbody in the background? You on LS1tech? I have a 2001 Z28 - Stock bottom LQ4, Turbonetics 7875, small turbo cam, 4L80e, on E85.
    id want to see that gps before buying, dont always take a sellers word. inspect it very closely and make sure when you test ride it that the engine gets hot. many problems dont show up until the engine is warm

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong here, but for what you're looking to accomplish with the x charger, the only reason you'd want bigger than 42s is if you're raising your RPMs over the stock limit.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post

id want to see that gps before buying, dont always take a sellers word. inspect it very closely and make sure when you test ride it that the engine gets hot. many problems dont show up until the engine is warm
    Thanks man. He's a member on here and lives in the small town I grew up. I went and talked to him Monday and checked it out. He's bringing it down to the lake Sunday so I can ride it a bit as well. I feel very comfortable buying a one owner ski from someone who I will more than likely ride with from time to time. Not to mention he has a pretty nasty built RXP, along with 3 other boats.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Anybody correct me if I'm wrong here, but for what you're looking to accomplish with the x charger, the only reason you'd want bigger than 42s is if you're raising your RPMs over the stock limit.
    I was thinking with the x and stock intercooler you would be close on fuel with the 42s but would you think it would lean out with the 4" intake and remote intercooler? Just trying to stay on the safe side without getting into tuning and rrfpr..

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Did your dog go ahead a pee on your traier tire? Looks like he is just finishing the sniff test and then here we go.
    Haha he was about to!! The little bastard loves to piss on tires... he also also has to make sure if you take a leak outside to come right up after you and Mark that spot... lol love that guy

Ya I'm on tech SN is tricked-out-toy. I've got a few f body's, the one in the pic has a small cam and a Vortech blower. It's heading to Germany in a month for my brother whose stationed over there to play with. It will have all strano suspension including the watts link.i hope to have some video of it at the Nuremburgring! It's a fun 500HP setup.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information