Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New owner of Ultra300

Picked up a new/new to me Ultra300 about a week ago. I have been out of the PWC game for about 3 years.Last one i purchased was my first ski and it was a brand new 08 RXPX255. I found a super deal on my ski.The ski had 2 hours on it.Now it has 11 hours. Thanks for the help from information you guys have posted on here. Im very pleased with this machines handling,rough water performance and power.Only have a few things i think that Kawi should change but no big deal.Small things for such a awsome machine.

On the mod side.I know im wanting to do a SCOM,but is that all i should do? I have seen several people say thats the best mod,after that your spending alot of money for little gains.
    In some research i would like to do one of 3 combos.
    *R&D SCOM Only/Riva BOV Block Off
    *R&D SCOM/Riva Power Filter/RIVA BOV Block Off/Riva Water box/Riva Exhaust
    *Riva Stage 1 Kit

Feedback on these 3 combos would greatly help.Pros and cons. (ie )Either making ski better or makes standard functions not work properly or not worth the money.
    Last edited by hi im drummer03; 07-25-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Banned User
    +1
    I'd leave it stock if you have warranty. At most scom only nothing else is needed. Just enjoy the ride

+1
    Welcome to the family.
    As Tommy said bone stock is the best but SCOM is the only thing that gives any real gains. Just know that you do take a chance with warranty by installing the SCOM if it is directly related to the failure if you have one. Even if removed before bringing the ski in they will know.

The R&D SCOM is advertised in a few places that I have seen. Saying that the ECU wont detect its been plugged in. Is this not correct? If im doing the SCOM only should I get the BOV Block off?

Banned User
    +1
    Any modd you do kawi can tell if you value warranty don't modd your ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    The R&D SCOM is advertised in a few places that I have seen. Saying that the ECU wont detect its been plugged in. Is this not correct? If im doing the SCOM only should I get the BOV Block off?
    They are not deceiving anyone with their claim. It does not detect the SCOM is plugged in by not throwing a code they are correct. The ECU does detect and record the RPMs the ski has turned. If over 7500 they know something was done. The BOV as long as not leaking leave it alone. I have to run mine and at stock setting while racing. I have not had any problems with mine. While I used to say block it off now I say leave it alone.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    My BOV leaked after about 10 hours. I then nipped it up a bit and put it back on. I'm not 100% sure, but it may have leaked again, I pulled it again and closed it fully just in case. I'm now running a block off plate, fabricated by Nicjak Industries FU Pty Limited and cleaned up the inside of the ski.

I do agree with everyone though. Just get a SCOM and have fun.
    ALL the other mods COMBINED (not the ones you listed by the way) will maybe give you 2 MPH more.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    ...It does not detect the SCOM is plugged in by not throwing a code they are correct. The ECU does detect and record the RPMs the ski has turned. If over 7500 they know something was done...
    Good point. All the more reason for people to understand that, if your motor blows, and you make a warranty claim, you may well be interviewed on a recorded line and specifically asked whether you had a SCOM or any other custom modification. Fabricating a story is perhaps not the best plan.

So outside the warranty.Should i go SCOM only?
    Is the Riva Stage 1 worth it.Seems it betters handling acceleration and over performance?

Banned User
    +1
    Riva is a waist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information