+1

That SeaDoo guy got me thinking...

He was axing about wave jumping and would it hurt the ski. And I was kinda enjoying the little jumps I was able to get while behind a tug boat. And I thought further that I should be able to get some pretty good air when we head to the Bahamas next month. Yes, I'm attempting to employ the technique(s) posted by the Aussie in that other thread.

So, can the FX HO handle some jumping or not?

+1
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    He was axing about wave jumping and would it hurt the ski. And I was kinda enjoying the little jumps I was able to get while behind a tug boat. And I thought further that I should be able to get some pretty good air when we head to the Bahamas next month. Yes, I'm attempting to employ the technique(s) posted by the Aussie in that other thread.

So, can the FX HO handle some jumping or not?
    Depends what you mean by 'good air.' There is no doubt the engine will propel you as high as you want, but you probably don't want to tear off your reverse bucket, face-plant your teeth on the bars, or crack your nano hull on the way to the Bahamas.
    See my comments on wave jumping here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93951

+1
    improper wave jumping can and has cracked or blow out your pump tunnel, thats what happened to the donor fzr i bought

+1
    Jumping isn't necessarily the problem, just the altitude and landing technique. There is a difference in feathering over one and going to the limit. You'll know and feel how much you want to take yourself and your ski through. To avoid most issues, you want to power up the wave to bring nose up and to touchdown the back first. No belly flops. Make sure to land as straight as possible and be off throttle when landing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    Jumping isn't necessarily the problem, just the altitude and landing technique. There is a difference in feathering over one and going to the limit. You'll know and feel how much you want to take yourself and your ski through. To avoid most issues, you want to power up the wave to bring nose up and to touchdown the back first. No belly flops. Make sure to land as straight as possible and be off throttle when landing.
    That's my plan. I read the Aussie's tutorial and found that it worked on the little wakes of the tug boat. I'm hoping to do better after we unload our stuff after crossing to Bimini. But not if it will hurt the machine.

Thread Information