Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

polaris 95 slt750 no spark

Hi guys, new to this sight. I've been all throught the forum but cant find the answer im looking for. My 95 slt750 shorted out the electrical box to the battery burning up the stator wiring. I replace the stator with a new one from ebay. no spark. so i tested the stator with ohm meter and all the readings i have are within specs. so i replaced the cdi, still no spark. disabled the kill switch, tested the coils, retested the stator. no luck. all looks good to me. the odd thing is i dont have any power going to the cdi box. Im assuming there should be 12+ volts going to the cdi for it to work? thanks for any help!!!

I have the exact same problem and haven't fixed it yet. Only difference is when I replaced the CDI it only fired once per revolution on all three coils at the same time so it only runs on the front cylinder. I don't think you have any power to the CDI without the engine turning but I could be wrong. The red/ Purple wire going to the stator from the circuit breaker should have 12v on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BARR75A View Post
    Hi guys, new to this sight. I've been all throught the forum but cant find the answer im looking for. My 95 slt750 shorted out the electrical box to the battery burning up the stator wiring. I replace the stator with a new one from ebay. no spark. so i tested the stator with ohm meter and all the readings i have are within specs. so i replaced the cdi, still no spark. disabled the kill switch, tested the coils, retested the stator. no luck. all looks good to me. the odd thing is i dont have any power going to the cdi box. Im assuming there should be 12+ volts going to the cdi for it to work? thanks for any help!!!
    There is no direct connection to 12v+ for the CDI on the Fuji Setup. Is the stator properly aligned? Have you actually tested with a spark tester, or just can't get the motor to fire?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You by chance didn't change the flywheel did you?

Hi guys, the motor turns over fine, using a spark tester and a new plug i have nothing. Still using the original flywheel. I believe i got a bad/incorrect stator. Sent it back to get it double checked to b correct one. Ill take any other suggestions and ill let ya know what i find out as i go
    thanks again

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You can ohm test the stator and see if it's within spec.

Let me know if it comes back bad. I have the same stator purchased from the same Ebay seller. Mine only fires once per revolution so it only runs on one cylinder. A resistance check shows it to be good. My new CDI checked out OK. I'm suspecting the trigger coil isn't picking up the flywheel correctly.

The guy i bought it from said its all good. Sold a ton of these and never seen a bad one. So its on its way back to me, i'll keep ya up to date on what i find.

Update!!! my "perfect" ebay stator is the problem. Ohm test good, had my cdi boxes tested on a good machine, [thanks Chris!!!] so I bought another used oem stator, put it all back together and runs great!!! the bonehead from ebay said there is nothing he can do for me because its an electrical part. but yet they sell it with a waranty??? What BS!!!

+1
    I was starting to suspect these ebay replacement stators. Especially since they are missing the timing mark. All too often, aftermarket manufacturers simply reproduce something to a set of specs without the patience or ability to properly test the components out. There was another member on line who had both an aftermarket CDI and stator. The combo didn't work. I tested the CDI, it was fine.

Sounds like time to stay away from the aftermarket stators. Who did you get it from?? If it was purchased through ebay, you can file a claim that the component was not as described. It does not work as indicated, and ask for a refund.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information