Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Are Yamaha's that much more reliable?

I have a 2011 RXT 260 IS and the motor has given me nothing but problems after the carbon seal broke. Im to the point now where im fed up with it and thinking about selling the ski and getting a new Seadoo or Yamaha, or just forgetting ski's all together. I have twin yamaha outboards on one of my boats and not one problem except for some regular maintenance. Every boat I have now and have owned in the past have all been Yamaha's, but when it came to ski's, I thought Seadoo had the edge. I like almost everything about the Seadoo and almost nothing about Yamaha waverunners, especially the shallow footwells because im tall. Do you guys have to rebuild your superchargers? Does the FZS have that Nano x-cel hull? I don't really like that hull. Before I bought the doo, the Yamaha's felt cheap to me. Are they the Yamaha's much more reliable or did a flooded engine compartment lead to all of my issues from the broken carbon seal?

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Yes! Thats why they are the #1 choice of renters.

Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Yes! Thats why they are the #1 choice of renters.
    Supercharged models too? Whats the required maintenance on a supercharged model?

+1
    Even the Supercharged models, Yammy's are great

+1
    the answer you seek is YES, any high performance machine can break, but dollar to dollar, yamaha is going to be the most reliable machine you can but !!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxt260_IS View Post
    Every boat I have now and have owned in the past have all been Yamaha's, but when it came to ski's, I thought Seadoo had the edge.
    umm...no. What Seadoo has is spectacular marketing, TONS of features, MAJOR name recognition, and great looking ski's. For most people, thats what hooks them in. And that's what Seadoo (BRP) focus's on.

Do you guys have to rebuild your superchargers?
    No

Does the FZS have that Nano x-cel hull?
    Yes

Are they the Yamaha's much more reliable?
    Yes. They certainly aren't bulletproof, but they get so much more things right from a quality/reliability stand point. But to be fair, Seadoo gets some things right that Yamaha doesn't also. And this goes back to the 2 stroke days too.

+1
    At anytime look through the first page or pages in the Yamaha and Seadoo 4 stroke sections and look for problems. Just about guarantee you'll find way more problems of various nature on the Seadoos.

Don't forget there are more seadoos than yamahas, so you can't compare them to how many people have problems

More seadoos more problems
    Less yamahas, less problems.. I'm not saying seadoos are more reliable, but you will see more seadoos in the workshop because there are simply more seadoos sold prior to fZr/fzs were introduced..

Would love to see a 4 cylinder seadoo, then compare numbers to the sho motors and see where that goes

Both great brands and skis

Just sayin..

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    Don't forget there are more seadoos than yamahas, so you can't compare them to how many people have problems

More seadoos more problems
    Less yamahas, less problems.. I'm not saying seadoos are more reliable, but you will see more seadoos in the workshop because there are simply more seadoos sold prior to fZr/fzs were introduced..

Would love to see a 4 cylinder seadoo, then compare numbers to the sho motors and see where that goes

Both great brands and skis

Just sayin..
    Im not sure I agree with you... wish there was a way to know how many of each brand are active members on this forum. I feel like there are a lot more Yamaha members here than any other brand? Or am I crazy?

+1
    Are they the Yamaha's much more reliable or did a flooded engine compartment lead to all of my issues from the broken carbon seal?
    I have owned both, and I believe Yamahas really are more durable and reliable. Sea-Doo definitely has a more polished and refined design; from the beautiful stitching on the seats, to the handle grips to the overall bells and whistles, they are beautiful machines. But the fact that Sea-Doo won't stand behind their product more than 4 years here in Florida speaks volumes. You can get a full 5 year warranty on a Yamaha here, but not a Sea-Doo. Here is my experience on the supercharged FZS:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urs+perfection

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information