96 SLTX won't kill with lanyard - Anyone know where to get a 2873091 Ignition update?

My trusty and long time SLTX has decided not to kill with the lanyard this year. It does NOT have the ignition update since it has never had a problem with spark. I have gone through the wires all the way from the box to the kill switch and back and the ground wires from the box. I do have correct continuity (lanyard out) then open circuit (lanyard in) at the black/yellow wire inside the box. I have swapped the LR54 with a known good module from my other ski and (verified grounds - including putting a ground jumper in to make sure). I am thinking the last thing is to replace the ignition... Any suggestions to try - or have I missed anything? I cannot find anyone with the ignition update and that is really bumming me out. Anybody know of one to be had? Looking for help for my 17 year old "friend"...

Found one at parker yamaha, look up their website its $425 thats about the best price you can get right now. Might want to call first and confirm they have one first. Have you tried replacing the kill switch completely, or swapping with one from your other ski? Or disconnecting the kill switch from the terminal board completely to rule out the kill switch? Try that first.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDink View Post
    My trusty and long time SLTX has decided not to kill with the lanyard this year. It does NOT have the ignition update since it has never had a problem with spark. I have gone through the wires all the way from the box to the kill switch and back and the ground wires from the box. I do have correct continuity (lanyard out) then open circuit (lanyard in) at the black/yellow wire inside the box. I have swapped the LR54 with a known good module from my other ski and (verified grounds - including putting a ground jumper in to make sure). I am thinking the last thing is to replace the ignition... Any suggestions to try - or have I missed anything? I cannot find anyone with the ignition update and that is really bumming me out. Anybody know of one to be had? Looking for help for my 17 year old "friend"...
    I had this problem with my '97 1050
    The black/yellow wire going into the CDI,is grounded to shut off the CDI. Ground that wire directly-if it does not shut off, you need a CDI or Ignition update.

This place shows it available for $336- might want to call them to make sure.
    http://www.polarispartshouse.com/

update kit part #2873091 can be found in the magneto section.

The black/yellow goes closed to ground with lanyard out - I have even put a ground jumper on it just to make sure.

Polaris parts house is the place that took my money on the 13th of this month and did not call or let me know until I called on the 25th that they were not able to get the part. The part is NLA (no longer available) from Polaris so it looks like my only hope is to find someone that actually has it on hand (which seems to not happen anymore). I am still trying to get my money back from Polaris Parts House. I have called all the normal Polaris parts houses that are listed at https://sites.google.com/site/polarispwcknowedge/Home to no avail...

I found a guy thats local to me that said he still has 2 of them on the shelf but he wants $550 for it. If you want his info I could get it for you.

Would you please PM me his info

Thread Information