+1

Power Valve issue PLEASE HELP!!

Ok so I've been having a major problem with my skis. The problem I'm having is that i keep breaking power valves regardless of the brand I've tried everything from SBT to R&D ones but they all still break. The main ski is a xlt800 that I just put the R&D valves in and after 4 hours they broke could someone please tell me what could be going on. I have set them by manufacture specs and I have waveeater clips installed. If y'all could please post some pics of how you installed your PVs and any input would be great.
    Thanks AJHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2331.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	308041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	308042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	308043

+1
    Looks like your valves were in direct contact with the pistons. You cannot tell if that is before they broke. Are your cylinders stock, or remanufactured?

+1
    They are SBT parts whole top end I only have problems with my 800. Ive never had any trouble with either of my 1200s.

buy another set from SBT and do a pre-fitting, without installing the lever links, before installing them. check to make sure they are not sliding into the bore. if they do then the slots in the cylinders are worn. there should be a stop or bump in the slot that the shoulder or notch on side of the power valve will rest on before letting the power valve slide into the cylinder. the lever link also provides some support to keep the power valves from sliding down.

+1
    The main thing to remember about SBT cylinders is that they can be oversize. and if your cylinder is oversize you will need to CLEARANCE the valve. to do this you need to put the valve in the cylinder preferably on the bench then put the piston in the cylinder without the rings on it and slide it to the exhaust port and using a feeler gauge see how much clearance is between the piston and power valve. if you don't have enough clearance you will need to remove the valve and grind some off. just remember if you have to grind on the valve the bevel will be down when the valve is inserted in the cylinder and you will need to grind the valve to match the cylinder wall. (if it was possible to push the valve into the cylinder and hone off the part that would be in the cylinder that is what the valve would look like when you get done grinding on it.)
    Hope this helps.

+1
    Thanks a lot guys I really appreciate all the input I just hope R&D will replace that PV the cylinders weren't messed up this time thank god.

Thread Information