Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

old oil flooding cylinders!!

Could old oil sitting in the crankshaft flood my plugs?

I bought my jet ski from my neighbor a while back he had it sitting over 4 years in his shop. Well when I bought it it wasn't running, so I did a carb rebuild, fuel upgrade, converted to premix. With all that.I finally got it running. But What I have notice when I take it down to the lake it runs good till I hit some wakes then it feels like I lost power. And starts to bog. I'll bring it back to the dock and check the plugs and they always looking wet and foul out.

Another way I think it has alot of old oil in the crank shaft is because I'll clean off the plugs at the lake and I'll check them when I get home and check them again they are covered with oil. My guess is while driving home and all the bouncing around ths ski is doing on the trailer the oil is coming out the crankshaft into the cylinder. I pulled the head covers off and I have no damaged pistons. So the question im asking is how the heck is that oil getting through, and how can I get crud out

PLEASE HELP!!

+1
    oil will not "stay" in your crank case, in a 2-stroke, it will get burned up when the motor is running.

You may have your carbs set too rich, or have weak spark.

Did you replace the needle and seats when you rebuilt the carbs? did you use genuine mikuni parts?

Try a new set of spark plugs, tighten the gap to .025, and take your plug boots off the wires, cut the wires back a 1/4 inch or so.

See if this helps....

+1
    Yes I changed everything in the carb rebuild. I also did the plug wire cut back. Am I also supposed to cut them back from the coil end also? I got good spark except maybe one spark plug fire looks a little weak. Why are they wet by the time I get home?

+1
    don't cut the coil ends,

the spark plugs are suppose to be a lil wet,

post a pic of what u got !

+1
    also what kind of ski year make model ?

+1
    It's a 94 polaris sl 750 I think it's a carb issue. I did a fuel upgrade and I changed the pulse line to a clear Line and I notice I have alot of premix pulsing back up the the pulse line im flooding out cylinder some how

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nickflo7 View Post
    It's a 94 polaris sl 750 I think it's a carb issue. I did a fuel upgrade and I changed the pulse line to a clear Line and I notice I have alot of premix pulsing back up the the pulse line im flooding out cylinder some how
    That doesn't sound right. Do you have a triple outlet fuel pump (not stock on '94 SL750) as part of your fuel upgrade? Was the pump rebuilt?

That pulse hose needs to be kept as short as possible... and more importantly, it needs to be a strong hose so that it will not collapse when it gets the suction pulse. I'm leary of clear hoses... I've not seen one thick walled enough to not collapse on itself especially after it got hot.

I don't think you should be seeing any fluids in the pulse hose... but then again... I've never had a clear one.

Cheers!

+1
    u want fuel injection line or fuel vent line its super strong and wont close under suction

+1
    It is a triple outlet I heard I will see a little premix in the line some how I am flooding my cylinders and it's getting in the crank case I did a pop off test this afternoon and the needle and seat was leaking fuel past P-15psi C-15psi M-18psi and I think im running a little rich on the center cylinder I'll be changing out the pulse line tomorrow

+1
    pop off on a 99 sltx I know is 18-20

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information