Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK Corvette and Mustang Boys

I am looking at either a 07 Corvette Corvette Coupe or an 07 Saleen S281V 3V. I have owned a Corvette and a regular 5.0 Mustang and loved both of them and they were both great cars. The thing is, it was about 10 years ago so I am a little behind the times. What are some thoughts? I gotta stay away from the Z06's and the Saleen S281 Extreme's. Trying to stay on some sort of a budget here....

I hate to say it, though I am a ford man, I would go with the vett.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    I hate to say it, though I am a ford man, I would go with the vett.
    Looking for reasons though.... I am sure Jerry will say a Vette too..

Tell me what you are going to do with the car? Street race it on the weekends? closed coarse? or just drive a nice car around? This will help

Aftermarket hop ups!!!! You have a lot better selection with the Vett. Need I say more. Though I love the looks of the saleen. The Vett's also has a better ballance of weight if you are into going to some track events.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRPITMAN View Post
    Tell me what you are going to do with the car? Street race it on the weekends? closed coarse? or just drive a nice car around? This will help
    Strictly just to drive a nice car around...No racing or any mods....Just want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    Aftermarket hop ups!!!! You have a lot better selection with the Vett. Need I say more. Though I love the looks of the saleen. The Vett's also has a better ballance of weight if you are into going to some track events.
    You know something, you are right. Who am I kidding to say I would never mod it. That is just plain dumb for me to say I would never consider modding it. So, I definately see your point and that is the info that will help....

I think just about everyone here is into hopups, if you are going to modify a ski, then a fast car can go faster!!!! Also mustangs are a dime a dozen, yea I know that the saleen is not really a mustang, but it is, if you know what I mean. Like I said I am a Ford man, but out of the two cars you are looking at, I think I would opt for the Vett. But I think I would weight a little longer and see what the Nissan GTR is all about, I hear some asome stuff about it. Also you will not see very many of these as well. Just throwing out my 2 cents worth.

+1
    I would have to go with the Saleen. There are many hop-ups available for both the mustang and the vette. The vette im sure has a bit better performance, but you dont see many Saleens around and I like having something a little different than everyone else.

+1
    Im a FORD guy all the way! The Saleen is a beautiful car.The Vette does have more "higher tech" bs than the Saleen does.The Vette is built more like a race car (within reason)than the Saleen.The brakes/suspension/motor and overall performance will be better if thats what your looking for.I really like the new bodies on the Vette.Now the Saleen is no chump by no means.The Saleen has upgraded suspension/motor/brakes also(depending on what stage you get) and the supercharger makes great power in the 3V.I would buy the Ford,no doubt.Thats just me.Either car will be tons of fun to own! Have you seen the Saleen S7? If not,check em out! They are around $650.00

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information