Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do I determine which Solas impeller I want?

My 2006 RXP is bone stock, but I've collected the following pieces so far from the classifieds:

- Riva 4" rear air (with screen door cover)
    - Riva pump wedge with VTS bar
    - Riva intake grate with girdle
    - RE block offs

I plan on adding a catch can (still deciding whether I want to make my own), and I'm considering a different SC impeller when I take the SC out at the end of the season to send to Jerry for metal washers (shouldn't need full rebuild yet - only 20hrs on boat). I'm also planning on an 08+ style exhaust system.

Given all that, any advice regarding impeller pitch(es) I should be looking at? I see a few in the classifieds, but not sure what I should be running.

Thanks!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    14/19 pitched for 8160 rpm is your best bet!

Are you still running the original un-touched super charger?

If you still have the stock ceramic washers park your ski until they are replaced. my 06 washers failed at less than 10 hours.....

Yea a 14/19 for your stock motor.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    14/19 pitched for 8160 rpm is your best bet!

Are you still running the original un-touched super charger?
    Yes. When I yank it to swap out the ceramic washers, should I put a different SC impeller in? Suggestions?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    Yes. When I yank it to swap out the ceramic washers, should I put a different SC impeller in? Suggestions?
    Forget everything else for now..... pull that charger for a full rebuild while it's still in one piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    When I yank it to swap out the ceramic washers, should I put a different SC impeller in? Suggestions?
    Yes, mod your SC status...since you're obviously on your way to modding the ski overall. You know you want to....do it now So, hold off on a 14/19 for now

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Forget everything else for now..... pull that charger for a full rebuild while it's still in one piece!
    I head back out to the lake (where the 'doos live) next week, so I'll yank them then. I'll order the rebuilt kits so they're at Jerry's. While he's rebuilding them, wouldn't that be the right time for a new SC impeller? Are there any SC impellers that won't require new ECUs, injectors, or fuel system?

If you want to play with the SC, you should at least plan on needing injectors. Any SC upgrade that doesn't need larger injectors may not be worth the bother/money. Didn't you want to plant yourself right into the mid 70s all day long?

I'd be OK with putting slightly bigger injectors in (I was considering the 42lb ones I see in your sig), but don't want to mess with the fuel system beyond that.

Also, with only 20 hours on each ski, is it worth spending $656 ($328 per ski times 2 skis) for full SC rebuild kits -- vs. $218 ($109 times 2) to simply swap in the metal washers? Anything I can (easily) do to determine whether they need a complete rebuild before I order the parts for Jerry?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information