Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with Waterbox move

Was in the process of removing my supercharger to send Jerry to replace the ceramic washers. I followed the description posted for removing the charger and all went perfect until the waterbox strap.. I have no clue how to get that [email protected][email protected] thing off. I did a search but the pictures posted would not come up.

Could somoene please give me some advice on getting this thing off. Also putting the thing back on is scaring the crap out of me. Needless to say I really don't want to go to the dealer for help because mine is under warranty for 2 more years.

Thanks so much for your guys help!!!

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by badams7 View Post
    Was in the process of removing my supercharger to send Jerry to replace the ceramic washers. I followed the description posted for removing the charger and all went perfect until the waterbox strap.. I have no clue how to get that [email protected][email protected] thing off. I did a search but the pictures posted would not come up.

Could somoene please give me some advice on getting this thing off. Also putting the thing back on is scaring the crap out of me. Needless to say I really don't want to go to the dealer for help because mine is under warranty for 2 more years.

i found that when i got my hand under that bungy cord at the top then worked my hand down towards the hook next to the drivshaft i can push the cord down enough to unhook it..

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    i found that when i got my hand under that bungy cord at the top then worked my hand down towards the hook next to the drivshaft i can push the cord down enough to unhook it..
    Yeah just like meeper said. Taking it off is nothing getting it back on is way worse.

I used the flat screwdriver to push the bottom hook down, then used hand pull and stretch the rubber band to hook it back. you got to hand on experiment it then adjust accordingly. It's really easy. hope this help.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    same here... i can put that strap on and off with my hand no problem. practice, u'll get good at it.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I used a big old flathead screw driver with a small notch ground into the end of it to get it on and off.

+1
    I Spray Water Box And Strap Down Real Good With Silicone Spray And Just Slide Water Box Back Without Removing Strap. Works Everytime.todd

The notch on the end of a flat head screw driver worked perfect for me

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Todd View Post
    I Spray Water Box And Strap Down Real Good With Silicone Spray And Just Slide Water Box Back Without Removing Strap. Works Everytime.todd
    same here, i dont even touch the strap.

HAHAHAHA!.... sorry, bro. Not laughing at YOU, but I have the REVERSE problem. Just got my SC back from Jerry today, and have everything installed, fired up PERFECTLY. Now, the only thing keeping me from buttoning up the motor compartment is putting the damn strap back ON!!!!

Talk about frustrating.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information