Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo S3 Vs T3 hull debate ... What's the better hull.

Let the debate begin !!! S3 Vs T3

It seems people a buying on looks , it took a while to decide on either S3 or T3 and even the GTR ..

i have a friend who owns the S3 and T3 and prefers the S3 and mainly rides it ...

I been skiing for over 20 years and ended up buying the S3 RXTX ..

I spend 90% of my riding in the ocean and still do a occasion race with the CC boys and build and work on my ski ..

The S3 handles great in the ocean , the flat and cuts up the markers bouys well .. Real easy ski to work on with heaps of room and access points ... ( not in a IS or AS set up )

The T3 RXPX 260 hull is a great handling CC SKI good in the rough , pain full to work on compared to the S3 non IS .. I have worked and modified both S3 nd T3 skis and the S3 is the better for top end ....

But both are far better than the older RXP , RXT etc in handling and hook up etc ... I spend for ever getting my RXP 320 hp to stay hooked and handle and gave up ... After spending time on the new hulls , I was converted ...

So my opinion the S3 is the best all rounder ...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    This is gonna be a dead end thread full of nothing but opinions. Both hulls are awesome! It really comes down to what conditions you ride, how you ride, what you want to do to the ski, and which hull you personally prefer.

3. +1 by:

+1
    In my useless opinion I would say just buy 3 skis and then ride according to your mood. Get the px to carve some shit up. Get the tx if you wanna go straight line fast through decent chop and then get an fzr with a turbo if you wanna go 100

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    This is gonna be a dead end thread full of nothing but opinions. Both hulls are awesome! It really comes down to what conditions you ride, how you ride, what you want to do to the ski, and which hull you personally prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    In my useless opinion I would say just buy 3 skis and then ride according to your mood. Get the px to carve some shit up. Get the tx if you wanna go straight line fast through decent chop and then get an fzr with a turbo if you wanna go 100
    2 thumbs up.

+1
    I'll stoke this fire...heh!

Both are great ski's, somehow the force pulls me to my T3 every time. The handling is just out of this world compared to my S3. Stock they are equally fast out of the hole and top end. I've raced both my ski's many times against each other. The only way I get ahead of my other ski is it's a little choppy. T3 just stays hooked up better than the S3.

I just wish it had the adjustable steering like the S3. Still I will say there I There is something a bit unpredictable feeling about the T3 when the ocean is really rough...not big just rough like a washing machine. The hull can really bite hard and surprise you. Wave jumping is way more fun and easier on the T3. Lot easier to shift its weight around in mid flight.

I look forward to next month when this same subject comes up again

+1
    If I'm gonna Cruz or ride the fam I take the s3 if I wanna let lose or just ride hard I take the t3working on gprrxp for the guys talking shit on the lake. Just have the hull so far.
    Last edited by IBADTON; 07-26-2013 at 10:03 PM.

+1
    Has any the owners of the T3 RXPX ridden the S3 RXTX around a CC course ...

U got to give to it , with stock sponsons it still handles really well ..

Where the T3 almost rips ur arm out of ur socket when the sponsons are on race mode , where the S3 gives a bit to make it a smooth sweep ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    Has any the owners of the T3 RXPX ridden the S3 RXTX around a CC course ...

U got to give to it , with stock sponsons it still handles really well ..

Where the T3 almost rips ur arm out of ur socket when the sponsons are on race mode , where the S3 gives a bit to make it a smooth sweep ...
    T3 handles incredibly well for how big it is and the hull design, Still no comparo to T3 at the end of the day. I've ridden both at very high speeds in narrow winding creeks, confidence level is definitely higher on the T3 especially if riding in some one else wash. Now with a little disclaimer I don't have the newer style sponsons on my S3. I do have Riva sponsons on my T3 with them on the 2nd to last hole. That would basically be between normal and race on the stock sponsons. Didn't slow my top speed down and I could ride right up in the wash of my buddies ski and still make the tight turns and feel confident. Probably going to go to full down and see how it feels.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    A buddy and I traded skis offshore last year in snotty conditions. I found the T3's don't hop or roll in following/beam seas. The S3 is all over the place. The T3 will handle a head sea just fine, but it's going to hurt a bit. The S3 (especially with suspension) will barely notice a head sea. The T3 will yaw (bow steer) a bit and it takes some getting used to (just let it do its thing). It's really apples and oranges. They are 2 different beasts. I do ride my iS through the narrow swamp trails down here in Fl., so it will handle (handles better with Worx grate).

+1
    No doubt the S3 is better for top speed. But beyond that I feel the T3 is superior in everything else. Turning ability of the T3 hull really gets the blood flowing. Just all around a more exciting ride. Oh well at the end of the day both are great hulls and really can't go wrong with either one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information