Seadoo GTR Fuel Gauge

So the first time I went riding last weekend, I put 3 hours on the meter. The fuel buzzer went off and I rode for a bit more. I stopped to fuel up on the way home to figure out how much fuel I used. I put 39 liters in the 60 liter tank. I went out again yesterday and rode for over 3.5 hours. The fuel buzzer went off, I rode for a bit more and then when I was down to one bar I figured I better head back to the dock. Well that one bar of fuel disappeared and that concerned me. I did have a buddy with me to tow if necessary. I rode quite a ways at 30 mph with no fuel showing on the gauge. Again, I stopped on the way home to fuel up and put in 50 liters. That means I had 10 liters left.

Is everyone experiencing these same fuel gauge findings?

As long as this is consistent, I am fine with it, I know that when I have no fuel on the gauge, I still have plenty to get back to the dock at any speed I wish.

On a good note, I am quite happy with the amount of time I am getting to ride on a tank of gas.

Yes what your experiencing is normal.
    All the new seadoos are like that.
    I think its because they made the tanks bigger but have the same fuel sending unit as the smaller tanks of the past.

I've had it happen to the 260's I purchase also.
    I just wish there was a way to make it stop beeping...

Rip on...

3. +1 by:

I forgot to mention that my friend riding with me on a 2010 RXT-X had one bar flashing and after filling up determined that he had 8 litre left in the tank.

Montreal, Canada
    Actually this isnt on the newer skis only. my 2006 RXP and my old 180 Challenger did the SAME thing.

seadoo is just ultra-conservative on the reading.

Why? prevent people from being stranded and make people gas up to stop the annoying buzzer.

Consider this: a rotax engine will burn the whole tank at WOT in an hour and a half roughly.

10L is only afew minutes at WOT. not to mention a wake could cause the fuel to jump up, starve the engine of gas because the pump wasnt pumping.

I always look at the tank and see the level before heading out before looking at the gauge.
    I roughly know how much im missing. (say the older styled tanks like on the RXP. I could fit 20L-23L from where the seam is.

I just keep my tank filled up more just for the sake of mind.

I have seen this behavior on my 2011 ski also. Perhaps brp are being cautious.

In general a good rule of thumb for riding anything on the water is the Rule of Thirds.
    - 1/3 for the journey TO your destination
    - 1/3 for the journey BACK
    - 1/3 RESERVE

The experiment and observations you've made are a good thing.

With the mods I hear that beep way too much lately. It's Annoying so I generally always add 7 gals of 93 before I take her out each time and adjust from there.

When I have 3 bars left on my fuelgauge I have half tank. I have a gti so it should be the same for you.

Thread Information