Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 Genesis. GOING IN CIRCLES!!. Fuel Injection Prob.

I have a 2004 Polaris Genesis. I got it, ran great for 2 days (Idled bad, sometimes dieing without feathering throttle). Well stop in the MIDDLE of the lake i was in and it died...And didnt start back up. Turns over great, gets a great spark (new Plugs), good fuel but wouldnt start. Well if you unplug one of the injectors it will run. Assuming its not getting enough power to the injectors I sent the Computer off to DFI (which was suggested from here, Great guys gave me lots of advice) and they sent it back saying nothing is wrong with it. So I got a new battery, didnt work, I noticed on the oppisite side of the solenoid from the battery was only getting right at or below 10 volts. I read it needed atleast 10 to run correctly so i buy a new one. Now its getting 10.5 give or take some but not dropping below 10. Still isnt working. I check the stator, I read to check the end prongs from the stator it talked about a 5V 5V 5V 7V 7V in order the prongs needed to be reading. That checked out. It also passed the Ohms Test. I dont believe the injectors are getting enough juice. Im just mind blown. The ground wire has been cleaned and tightened. I dont know where to go from here. I know there's alot of smart guys on here, y'all have helped before!
    Thanks, Martin

Also forgot to mention, after a while of having it run (Wont come close to idleing) it will start with all three plugged in. Maybe its just fuel residue letting it start. but idk. Ive been thinking about getting it running and taking it to the lake and run it hard for a little while and see it it gets better.

+1
    have you checked fuel pressure

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    What you need to find out is your injector voltage while cranking and while running. (With all injectors plugged in).

Hey guys thanks alot for the replies.
    I havent directly checked the fuel pressure, I know ive made sure the pump is coming on. Ill check that now and will also get some readings for those injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    What you need to find out is your injector voltage while cranking and while running. (With all injectors plugged in).
    I checked the voltage while cranking the motor and with all three plugged in its around 10V (Jumping around), but with one unplugged its around 30+V. And it doesnt matter which injector is unplugged. Ive played around with all three. A question tho, I had it running and was pushing and playing around with the wiring harness as it was running and you could tell a change in response and running ( This time idled for about 45 seconds). Idk if this is just just was random or it ment something. Maybe there is a common wire that comes loose or something?

But again still wont start with all three plugged in.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    10V is way too low. Should be over 20 volts cranking and about 45 when running. Either the stator is bad or the EMM is bad. Based on the above info replace the EMM.

well since I already sent the EMM off to DFI. and they said it checked out do you think I should replace the stator first because I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the red top Staters and this jet ski had sat a long time before I got a running

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAce View Post
    well since I already sent the EMM off to DFI. and they said it checked out do you think I should replace the stator first because I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the red top Staters and this jet ski had sat a long time before I got a running
    Link please.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information